Best Buy Best Credit Card Reward Schemes

Those very clever AAMers who have the Amex blue card are still earning 1% on all purchases as the existing cards continue to be managed by BOI.
Not any more. :(

Re the Tesco card — can anyone tell me (Gervan?) if it's possible to set it up for online payment with NIB's online banking in the same way as I have my existing credit cards, i.e. they provide the sort code and a/c no. of their holding account, to which I then add my own credit card account no. as the reference?

Is Ulsterbank the best rewards card?
You get 1 point per €1 spent where 1700 gives a €10 voucher (Argos, Debenhams, House of Fraser, M&S, Next)
Thus giving .59% back as vouchers.

Be warned that if you were a First Active Customer who had a CC with them that has now been changed to UB you can't avail of the points. Very Unfair.

If you apply for an Ulster Bank credit card, can you set up the account for payment via (BoI) Banking 365 does anyone know?

If you apply for an Ulster Bank credit card, can you set up the account for payment via (BoI) Banking 365 does anyone know?

I remember setting it up for AIB where I took the account details for the UB credit card from the bank giro segment of the bill.
I can't remember ever using it as I paid by DD so I'll do a test transfer of 20c and see if it registers on my UB online account.

Top post updated.

Is Ulsterbank the best rewards card?
You get 1 point per €1 spent where 1700 gives a €10 voucher (Argos, Debenhams, House of Fraser, M&S, Next)
Thus giving .59% back as vouchers.

With Tesco you get a reward between 0.5% and 1.5% and it can be spent on everyday items. I would suggest that the Tesco reward is better than the opt in Ulster Bank reward.

I remember setting it up for AIB where I took the account details for the UB credit card from the bank giro segment of the bill.
I can't remember ever using it as I paid by DD so I'll do a test transfer of 20c and see if it registers on my UB online account.

The 20c transfer worked.

Hi, is the top post still current? I pay off my CC every month. Had a Halifax CC and now must change. In addition to rewards my main concern is re charges that cannot be avoided by an advance payment or an immediate payment (e.g. withdrawl of foreign exchange amounts or cash withdrawals). Thanks for your efforts CiaranT

Hi Deekie,

Yes, the top post is still up to date. Tesco offer the best reward currently.

Only choose a reward card, if you are going to pay 100% of your credit card payment monthly.

I cant work out the rate for foreign currency transactions on the Tesco card. Is it a flat 1.75% no matter what the transaction or currency? OR are there different rates depending on what currency it is, or if it is withdrawl of a foreign currency is it 1.75% + another charge? I wish itsyourmoney would do a complete comparison table. Its hard to work out the terms sometimes.

i have an a,i.b. gold mastercard . it is only a few months away from expiry. i dont see any info on the site about this type of card ,has it been replaced by the platinum card.

Found this on the Ulsterbank website

"As from 4th July 2011 Ulster Bank YourPoints is no longer available for new registrations. However if you are an existing member of Ulster Bank YourPoints this does not affect you and you are still registered for the programme."

Re: the Tesco credit card

I think they are bundling the club card benefit with the credit card benefit, which is a bit misleading, as it is not describing the credit card benefit on it's own.

You get 2 clubcard points for spending 2 euro using their excellent and free clubcard reward scheme, so the credit card is just giving you an extra point per 2 euro spent regardless if you spend it in tesco or somewhere else, although with tesco petrol you get an extra 1 point per euro spent.

I propose something like the following for your best buy;

Reward: 1 additional clubcard point per 2 euro spent anywhere. 1 additional clubcard point per euro spent on fuel at tesco filling stations. i.e. .5 to 1% back in form of vouchers for spending in tescos.

Please note that the points can be exchange for vouchers at 4 times their value, giving an effective cash back of up to 2-4%.

Or have I read it all incorrectly?

Back