Being paid by Paypal from another EU country: looks wrong

Branz

Am selling an item, valued at euro 750, on a local community forum.
Put it up yesterday and within an hour had a query about it, by email, which asked for more information about it.

this is the reply to the further information

Thanks for your response. €750 is a nice and acceptable price. I will be adding the 3.9% PayPal surcharge to the total amount i will be paying you. So i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a PayPal account.

If you have one already, just send me the address to send it to, which is the email address you use for it or you can send me a PayPal money request, so once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for the merchandise to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company.

Have a nice day.

Looks all wrong to me: e.g.: why capitalise: Picked Up by the Shipping Company

Any thoughts?

Yeah, sounds dodge, and along the lines of the scams used to buy cars. Take a look at some of the Key Posts on selling here:
Key Posts

Several other warnings online, including this and . Steer clear.

Looks like a scam to me. Phishing or worse..Why would anyone add the '3.9% Paypal surcharge'? Why would the purchaser arrange shipping unless it's a horse or car?

Thanks guys, it seems for what it is worth, Paypal now have two types of membership, one is for business where they will get into dispute resolution and the other is a family and friends one which is wild west.

The scam is the shipping company. You'll probably be asked to pay the shipping company by money transfer. They'll send you a fake mail from PayPal to look like money was transferred to your account. You'll get some excuse that they're at sea or abroad and cant pay the shipping company.

If only these people would put their time to productive uses rather than working tirelessly to scam ordinary folks out of their hard earned, bet their parents are ' proud ' of them.

I'm sorry my friend tis too good to be true.

Back