Barclays France - Non Residents Accounts

Happy Girl

Thought I would post the following by way of information from Barclays Bank France for anybody who is looking for a home for savings outside Ireland. Afraid it's too "rich" for my meagre savings but might be useful to some.

"To have an account with Barclays in France, as long as you are not resident in france (in term of tax purpose), we'll ask you to keep into the account a minimum of 50000 euros for a single account or 100000 euros for a joint account.
For people who are resident in France, the other possibitity is also to have a monthly income paid into the account of 3000 euros for a signle account, 6000 euros for a joint account."

there is nothing on their web to state this Galleryman. However what I have put in italics is a direct quote from the email query I sent them. The person I received email from was [email protected]

Sorry but I didnt investigate any further as it was a joint account I was interested in and their minimum deposits were too rich for me. But I am sure if you email nathalie marsan (who was very prompt about replying) she will be able to fill you in further.

Will do, I submitted an email request yesterday and will let you know what I learn.

I told them I wanted their T&C on short term deposit a/c and Demand Deposit a/c for non residents, declaring tax back in Ireland.

Hi galleryman. Did you ever get more info from Barclays on this? I sent a similar query around the same time, but heard nothing.

Does anyone have phone contact details for (ideally an English language division of) Barclays France?

Back