Banks trying to systematically change terms and condtions

For the information of those interested as it seems mis-understood. These are not my definitions or meanings of the words as i did not want to rely on my understanding so as it was mentioned above here are the Oxford definitions

Strategically; In a way that relates to the achievement of long-term or overall aims and interests

Alter; Change in character or composition, typically in a comparatively small but significant way

Is that clear enough but if not i am reminded of Bruce Lee's comment

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Thanks Padraic.

So, for the avoidance of any further confusion, you have not uncovered any effort by lenders to change the composition of any previously agreed loan contracts. Right?

That really would have been a huge twist in the tracker scandal.

Surely the facts speak for themselves, name a bank in Ireland that did not overcharge it's customers by incorrectly "interpreting" it's contractual obligations. l know one swallow does not make a summer, but you would have to be a fool to think the similar actions of each and every bank was all some giant coincidence.

Hi all
I feel I must make comment here and it is not to disagree with Brendan's point but to provide some balance. I have uncovered a deliberate and concerted effort by all lenders to strategically alter the terms and conditions that were agreed at the outset of mortgage loans. This was a deliberate and orchestrated effort and I am not saying that 2 wrongs are right but balance please. I can also confirm if we are talking statistics and percentages that of the many that have contacted me I have not met one strategic defaulter, (who may not need me anyway) which if Brendan's and 44 Brendan comments are to go by I should have come across at least some, but none!!!!!. But of the attempts at the strategic alteration of contracts by lenders, 100% of lenders is the figure I would use here. Just my views Padraic

Padkiss,

Not only are the Banks strategically altering the terms and conditions of mortgage agreements, they are now simply removing a product default option that was originally included in the mortgage contract (Tracker Mortgages). For example, AIB expect people to be grateful for a 1000 Euro payoff, no questions asked!

Back