Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
bosihelp, if i put my bosi credit card account into credit will i still get a bill or will it just be a statement showing my transactions? i am guessing that you can't bill me when my account is in credit as there isn't a debit balance. it is handy to know these things. cheers.

Alex said:
bosihelp, if i put my bosi credit card account into credit will i still get a bill or will it just be a statement showing my transactions? i am guessing that you can't bill me when my account is in credit as there isn't a debit balance. it is handy to know these things. cheers.

Hi Alex if you put your account in credit you will still recieve a monthly stmt. This won't be a bill and you will not need to pay anything as your in credit. the stmt will show all transactions still

excellent. that is exactly what i wanted to hear. thanks bosihelp. by the way, is there a telephone number for customer service while one is abroad?

Alex said:
excellent. that is exactly what i wanted to hear. thanks bosihelp. by the way, is there a telephone number for customer service while one is abroad?

leave that with me and I'll get back to you:)

Hi

This thread is getting fairly long now, I wonder if it might make sense for BOSIHelp or the Moderators here to consider putting a quick FAQ togeather, to highlight the useful information gathered to date ?

.. or BOSI could always do the same on their own website (hint hint ;))

Actually, BOSIHelp, any interest in something like this:

Cheers

G>

Garrettod said:
Hi

This thread is getting fairly long now, I wonder if it might make sense for BOSIHelp or the Moderators here to consider putting a quick FAQ togeather, to highlight the useful information gathered to date ?

.. or BOSI could always do the same on their own website (hint hint ;))

Actually, BOSIHelp, any interest in something like this:

Cheers

G>

I've had a look at that tread, Looks interesting and happy to help.
In regards to Q&A on the website watch this space.

FAQ'S

Who can apply?
You must be at least 18 years of age, a resident of the Republic of Ireland, and have a regular household income. There are no specific income criteria requirements to apply for PLASTIC.

Is there an annual membership fee for PLASTIC?
No we don?t charge an annual fee.

How can I apply for PLASTIC?
Drop in to any Bank of Scotland (Ireland) branch. Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm Saturday 9am - 12pm. Call us on 1800 882 700. Monday - Friday: 8am - 10.00pm Saturday: 9am - 9.00pm Sunday: 10.00am - 6.00pm Apply on line at www.bankofscotland.ie

What happens when I have completed my application form for PLASTIC?
You should have contact from the Bank within 14 days, you may receive a phone call or a letter from the Bank requesting for more information in order to process your application.
If your application form for PLASTIC has not been fully completed we may return the application form and your proof of identity and address to you. Please can you complete the missing information and return it to us in the FREEPOST envelope so we can process your application.
If you have applied for PLASTIC over the phone and your application is successful then we will write to you with the credit agreement for your signature and provide proof of identity and proof of address documents. Please return these in the FREEPOST envelope so we can send you your PLASTIC.
If your application is successful we will send you your PLASTIC by post, then just call us to activate and start using your PLASTIC. Your PIN will be sent to you in the post in a separate letter

What is Payment Protection Insurance?
With Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) you could be protected from certain unforeseen circumstances which may occur due to accident and sickness, unemployment or death. So, just because your circumstances change, your ability to meet your financial commitments needn‘t. PPI could set your mind at ease with a payment protection plan offering you, Life Cover, Accident & Sickness Cover, Unemployment Cover and Carer Cover. All this for just 79 cent for every €100 of your PLASTIC statement?s outstanding balance. Full terms and conditions including exclusions are available upon request.

How do I make a balance transfer?
Simply call us on 1890 882 700, to activate your account, give us your balance transfer details which you will have on your other credit card statement (amount, account number and credit card) and we will take care of everything for you. The transfer should take no more than ten working days.

How can I make a payment to my PLASTIC account?
You can make payments in one of four easy ways: Direct Debit, by Post with a cheque, Standing Order and Telephone or Internet banking.

Can I make payments by Direct Debit?
Yes, call 1890 882 700 and request a Direct Debit facility to make either full or minimum payments

What is Chip and PIN?
Chip and PIN is a new credit card security feature that gives your PLASTIC more protection against fraudulent use. It‘s very simple to use and is a feature of all PLASTIC credit cards. The ‘Chip‘ is a small security device that is embedded into your card. The ‘PIN‘ is your secret, four digit Personal Identification Number.

Can I change my PIN?
It‘s easy to change your PIN to a number that you will find easier to remember. Just insert your PLASTIC into any of the following Chip enabled cashpoints that displays the Visa logo, at Ulster Bank or AIB. Select the PIN Services or PIN Management Services option and follow the on-screen instructions. You can get more information from Chip and PIN Ireland website.

What do I do if my PLASTIC is lost or stolen?
Call 1800 882 702 immediately! OR Call +44 121 702 4624 when outside the Republic of Ireland. The lost and stolen service is open 24 hours a day

What is the Government Stamp Duty ?
The Government Stamp Duty of €40 is an annual tax levied on all credit card accounts. We are responsible for collecting this from our account holders and paying it to the Government. The tax is charged in arrears for a 12 month period from 2 April to 1 April in the following year and will appear on your statement in April. Every card account you have is subject to this tax.

How do I ensure that I‘m not paying the Stamp Duty for more than one credit card account per year when I switch to Plastic?
Once your PLASTIC account is open, transfer or pay off any balance on any other card you‘ve got and close your previous credit card account. If you have already paid €40 in the current 2 April to 1 April year, the other card issuer or bank will issue a letter to you when your account is closed and balance cleared confirming that you have paid €40 stamp duty. Send this letter to us and we will ensure that we don‘t charge you again within the same year. If you don‘t close your other account, then you will be liable for €40 on both the other account and your PLASTIC account.

How is my credit limit set and can I change it?
Your credit limit is assigned to you based on the information you have provided at application. This limit will be shown on the letter which accompanies your card (top right corner). We give you a credit limit based on our assessment of your finances and ability to repay. After your account is up and running for six months or so we can review your credit limit if you wish.

Thanks for that very useful FAQ BOSIHELP.

That (and the rest of the info here) is enough for anyone interested, so I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back