Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marion said:
Hi Jamjam

Yes you can pay it through Banking 365. The payment takes 3 days to process from BOI excluding the day it is sent (so 4 days in total)

You will need to get a pin number which is 6 digits and an 8 digit account number from BoSI. Give these numbers to banking 365 together with your 16 digit credit card number to set it up.

Marion

The numbers you need are - sortcode 990401 account number 10012742
Then your 16 digit card number

Esme said:
Ah..... thanks..there is my answer.

Just realised, I keep getting missed calls from Private numbers, I did answer on Friday at 7pm but I was in a bad area (driving) and couldn't hear who was at other end. Could this be Bank of Scotland and if so, why don't ye leave a message so I can call ye back???

If your not sure give cust services a call - 1800 882 700 they will all the info if BOS have called

Virginiaman said:
Or when documents sent are not received, was told by Dundalk staff that they had a bit of a "Black Hole" with regards post, needless to say application did not proceed!

The address to respond to for futher info requests ie. payslips etc is-

Plastic
Underwriting Dept
PO BOX 40
Dundalk
CO. Louth

BOSIHELP, Can a BOSI credit card bill be paid in my local non BOSI bank branch just like an ESB/Eircom bill?

Mimi

Been following this thread for some time as I applied and received my BOSI card over 2 months ago. Credit limit was terrible to say the least and I have a very good credit rating. 'Discussed' this point with one of the Underwriters there and subsequently took the advice of:
CCOVICH "find another card provider that better meets your needs. The fixation with BoSI is bizaare."

...and Snip Snip to that beautiful card. Vote with the old feet I say!!

I worked for Bank of Scotland for three years & also have my car finance with them. Called to see if I needed to submit all the information again as I am an exisiting customer, they didn't seem to understand what I was asking so I never bothered submitting my application

Downunder said:
Been following this thread for some time as I applied and received my BOSI card over 2 months ago. Credit limit was terrible to say the least and I have a very good credit rating. 'Discussed' this point with one of the Underwriters there and subsequently took the advice of:
CCOVICH "find another card provider that better meets your needs. The fixation with BoSI is bizaare."

...and Snip Snip to that beautiful card. Vote with the old feet I say!!

Can I ask what provider are you with now and if the limit better? ?

I'm not taking this card at all now and they have called me 3 times today! I didn't answer (private number and was afraid to as i thought it was someone from work and I'm off today!!!) but they left messages each time asking me to ring them

It's just typical....now I don't want them ...they want me. After the pathetic customer service and terrible limit i received I've applied for the tesco card.I will apply for the zinc in 6 nonths time.

Hi BOSIHelp

Just wondering, why don't you provide online facilities to view statement, recent transactions etc ?

Thanks

G>

mimi rogers said:
BOSIHELP, Can a BOSI credit card bill be paid in my local non BOSI bank branch just like an ESB/Eircom bill?

Mimi

Yes you can. You will get a monthly statement with a giro slip to pay

BOSIHELP said:
lol! SLIP OF THE TONGUE! If all your ID has been approved and checks are ok. should be within 14 working days by post. don't forget the bank holiday we just had, which will slow the postal system down

Thanks BOSIHELP, seems i've been refused, and have no clue why!

Thanks anyway

Garrettod said:
Hi BOSIHelp

Just wondering, why don't you provide online facilities to view statement, recent transactions etc ?

Thanks

G>
Good point! this is in the pipe line i have heard. there is many other ways to check account details, statements and a quick call to customer services

Esme said:
Thanks BOSIHELP, seems i've been refused, and have no clue why!

Thanks anyway

Really? the best advice for you is to get a copy of your credit report from the ICB. They may been adverse info on there which you don't know about.
www.icb.ie 012600388 for more info

BOSIHELP said:
Really? the best advice for you is to get a copy of your credit report from the ICB. They may been adverse info on there which you don't know about.
www.icb.ie 012600388 for more info

Thanks BOSIHELP, I actually got my credit report a few weeks ago, I have perfect credit rating and have just been approved for a mortgage. Was hoping to transfer another card onto it, and help with some household items until mortgage comes through. Disappointed but.................

Esme said:
Thanks BOSIHELP, I actually got my credit report a few weeks ago, I have perfect credit rating and have just been approved for a mortgage. Was hoping to transfer another card onto it, and help with some household items until mortgage comes through. Disappointed but.................

These are my exact words...even down to the mortgage approval. I received the card at last (after 4 months) and rang them and told them I wouldn't be taking them up on their offer as the limit is only 1000euro!
Obviously he didn't care and I didn't either at this stage as the customer service is the absolutley terrible and I wouldn't want to be dealing with these people if I had a problem in the future (ok, ok, ok ..maybe a few sour grapes here)
He did suggest that I find out what my credit rating is as this determines my limit apparently! I have never missed a repayment on my loan and have actually paid off loans early so I don't understand what could be wrong. I will check it out however. Hopefully I will have a Tesco card shortly and can put my negative experience with BOS to rest.

Thanks all

Judybaby73 said:
These are my exact words...even down to the mortgage approval. I received the card at last (after 4 months) and rang them and told them I wouldn't be taking them up on their offer as the limit is only 1000euro!
Obviously he didn't care and I didn't either at this stage as the customer service is the absolutley terrible and I wouldn't want to be dealing with these people if I had a problem in the future (ok, ok, ok ..maybe a few sour grapes here)
He did suggest that I find out what my credit rating is as this determines my limit apparently! I have never missed a repayment on my loan and have actually paid off loans early so I don't understand what could be wrong. I will check it out however. Hopefully I will have a Tesco card shortly and can put my negative experience with BOS to rest.

Thanks all

Ditto to that, I actually pay off loans early too, wonder if that is the problem, I dunno...........

judy, 4 months is a very long time. you have done the right thing in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back