Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
If posting the application it will take 14 working days from when the application has been recvd by BOSI. if over the phone 14 working days from the phone call. This only may be a request for futher info by letter and telephone call at that point

jake108 said:
clipper1981, I'm shocked that the limit was so low. I'm looking to transfer my balance over to BOS but am now having second thoughts. Thanks.

Credit limtits are all based on individual info provided on the application plus your credit history from the ICB

mimi rogers said:
What if you use a bank book and don't get statements? Thanks.

Mimi

When you open an account for the first time with Bank of Scotland (Ireland), you will be asked to provide documentation to prove your identity. This is a legal responsibility and our aim as a major bank is to do all we can to combat financial crime and protect our customers from fraud.

If for whatever reason you do not have any of the documentation, or need any assistance, please call us on 1890 81 82 83.

When opening your account by post you will need to enclose a photocopy of one of the following:
  • Current fully signed Passport
  • Current Drivers License (provisional or full)
  • Age/Identity Card issued by Garda.
(Please note: If you are sending photocopies of documents, they should be good quality and the information on them should be legible. If they include a photograph, this should also be legible).
And two originals from the following list (IMPORTANT: These documents must be ORIGINALS, NOT PHOTOCOPIES, and dated within the last five months). They will be returned to you when the application is complete.
  • Most recent utility bill (a mobile phone bill is accepted as a utility bill)
  • Most recent bank or building society statement
  • Most recent balancing statement from Revenue Commissioners
  • Current household/motor insurance document
  • Revenue Commissioners C2 tax certificate.
In addition to the above documents, if you are applying for a PERSONAL LOAN please provide the following:
  • 2 months bank statements, dated within the last 6 months
  • 3 months pay slips, dated within the last 6 months.

CCOVICH said:
Can you get a card on your partner's account (in your own name of course)?

Or does this query relate to the BoSI plastic card specifically?

A homemaker is welcome to apply for the card. As long as her parntner has a income

BOSIHELP said:
A homemaker is welcome to apply for the card. As long as her parntner has a income

Or "His" partner........equality and all that...lol

BOSIHELP, how do you know when you have been accepted for Credit card. I applied a week ago, and have heard nothing.

Cheers

Esme

Or when documents sent are not received, was told by Dundalk staff that they had a bit of a "Black Hole" with regards post, needless to say application did not proceed!

Esme said:
BOSIHELP, how do you know when you have been accepted for Credit card. I applied a week ago, and have heard nothing.

BOSIHELP said:
If posting the application it will take 14 working days from when the application has been recvd by BOSI. if over the phone 14 working days from the phone call. This only may be a request for futher info by letter and telephone call at that point

Ah..... thanks..there is my answer.

Just realised, I keep getting missed calls from Private numbers, I did answer on Friday at 7pm but I was in a bad area (driving) and couldn't hear who was at other end. Could this be Bank of Scotland and if so, why don't ye leave a message so I can call ye back???

Hi Jamjam

Yes you can pay it through Banking 365. The payment takes 3 days to process from BOI excluding the day it is sent (so 4 days in total)

You will need to get a pin number which is 6 digits and an 8 digit account number from BoSI. Give these numbers to banking 365 together with your 16 digit credit card number to set it up.

Marion

That is fantastic Marion. Thanks so much. I rang my existing card compay today and they want me to stay -surprise surprise! Must say though their cunstomer service is much better than BOS. Anyway they said that they will give me 0% on purchases for 6 months and that I should move my balance to BOS still. Are they tryng to get me to run up another huge visa bill? I'm a bit thick when it comes to all this so would I just be wiser to close my existing Credit card account when I get the BOS one?

Hi everyone, I just received an email telling me that i will have my BOS card in 4 /5 days. The problem now is that the limit is only 1000euro!
I can't understand why! How is this determined for sure? I was hoping to transfer my balance of 1900 from my existing credit card!!!

Would it be wiser to have one only?

Jamjam,

Do you need to have 2 credit cards? Remember, you will pay €80 in stamp duty for the year if you have 2 cards.

If you are not comfortable with credit cards, I think it would be a good idea to close down the original card. There is no point in running up debt just for the sake of it!

Also, try and pay off more than the minimum balance on your new card each month so that after the six month interest-free period, you might have the balance that you transferred cleared.

The trick is to ultimately (when your debt is clear) make your credit card work for you. Whereby, you will pay the bill each month in full and enjoy interest-free credit each month.

Marion

Well it looks like Judybaby and myself are in the same boat. I just rang and heard that I only received 1000 limit so there is no point in me taking up on that. My transfer is alot more than that. I thought this would sort all my problems out. I am so frustrated with BOS. Everytime you ring they can't answer your question.

Any advice for me guys?

I was hoping to transfer my balance of 1900 from my existing credit card!!!
Hi Judybaby73

Did you specifically tell BoSI when you applied that you wished to transfer €1900 from your current credit card a/c?

Marion

Well i wrote on the application form (alomst 3 months ago) that I had a credit card a/c with 1400 on it (Hmmm I've been on holidays since!!!). I mentioned it numerous times on the phone that I wanted to transfer this.

We get monthly payslips from work and at the end it just says what I got for 2 weekks. In small writing it says I also got advanced pay (other half of wages) in the middle of the month. I suspect that they thought i got what i gotfor one month instead of 2 weeks. That's the only reason I can give. I don't understand why I would be only granted 1000euro. I have 4000 on my existing card and I asked them not to increase it! I'm so disappointed. After all the time and phone calls i've wasted on them. I must agree with jamjam about the customer service with BOS. Its very bad ...worse than bad. But I guess that's not important or for discussion here.
Any suggestions Marion? Should I forget it? Should I transfer half of balance and pay it off there and keep my existing card with BOI and upgrade to gold and get 0% on purchases? They said they could o this for me .

So confusing and frustrating. Like you jamjam I was relying on this to help me pay off my credit card debt once and for all.

My advice (to jamjam, Judybaby73, and anyone else who is having trouble with BoSI), as previously stated, find another card provider that better meets your needs. The fixation with BoSI is bizaare.

CCOVICH said:
My advice (to jamjam, Judybaby73, and anyone else who is having trouble with BoSI), as previously stated, find another card provider that better meets your needs. The fixation with BoSI is bizaare.

Yes yes yes you are right. I don't know why i put up with thid run around for so long anyway! Zinc here I come!

Thanks to all for their advice. Very much appreciated!

Esme said:
Or "His" partner........equality and all that...lol

Cheers

Esme

lol! SLIP OF THE TONGUE! If all your ID has been approved and checks are ok. should be within 14 working days by post. don't forget the bank holiday we just had, which will slow the postal system down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back