Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judybaby73 said:
Ok ok ok ....2 months now and stuill haven't received the card! Holy hell or what. The customer service is so poor. They don't know anything!!!!!!!! I think i'll forget it afterall!

I think you should!

Mimi

Judybaby73!

It's worth waiting for - really cool looking! The card is almost as good looking as a a pair of Jimmy Choo's! I think you might relate to this!

(Not that I own any!)

Marion

Marion said:
Judybaby73!

It's worth waiting for - really cool looking! The card is almost as good looking as a a pair of Jimmy Choo's! I think you might relate to this!

(not that I own any!)

Marion

ha ha Marion....i like your thinking and what you are are saying! One last chance for the BOS then. I guess I need the balance transfer!

Oh a I feel a trip to Brown Thomas coming on!!!! JOKE
:D

Hi

Did you get your card Judy? I applied in march and haven't received mine yet. What is the norm?

Jamjam said:
Hi

Did you get your card Judy? I applied in march and haven't received mine yet. What is the norm?

Hi Jam, No i still haven't received it! Will post when I do

Jude

Oh dear this is a disgrace. I was hoping to get my balance transfer as soon as possible. I wonder what is the average wait???

OK!

I will own up to having a BoS credit card.

I was a bit lazy about organising it and they rang me twice to remind me to send the relevant statements. I received my card within a month (just a couple of weeks ago) with a decent credit limit - over €7000.

Marion

Marion said:
OK!

I will own up to having a BoS credit card.

I was a bit lazy about organising it and they rang me twice to remind me to send the relevant statements. I received my card within a month (just a couple of weeks ago) with a decent credit limit - over €7000.

Marion

Light at the end of the tunnel! Great to hear that Marion. Can I ask did you have a balance transfer? Only reason I ask is because I want to know how you do this and does it have an impact on credit limit?

Great to hear that someone got one!!! Thanks again for telling us!

Jamjam said:
Oh dear this is a disgrace. I was hoping to get my balance transfer as soon as possible. I wonder what is the average wait???

Alex and Jam have you tried ringing BOS to find out any info? When I do they don't seem to know what I'm talking about and tell me they can't answer my questions over the phone.

Hi Judybaby73

With regard to a balance transfer, in general, there is no big deal. I have done this many times.

You tell the company with whom who hope to do business (BoS in your case) the amount you wish to transfer.

When you get your card and you activate it (you telephone them to do this) you let them know the amount you wish to transfer from another company.

It is advisable that you ring the original credit card company immediately prior to activating your new credit card account so that you have the exact balance (including any interest, if relevant, to transfer). When you are talking to your original credit card company you tell them that you are closing your account and you wish to know your closing balance.

You will have to ring them again to verify that your account is closed and that the relevant stamp duty, if applicable, has been paid. They will send you a letter stating that the stamp duty has been paid, you will then forward this to your new credit card company (in your case BoS)

I don't know what impact a balance transfer has on a credit limit. All I know is that when I made an initial telephone application with BoS, I was asked the value of my credit limit on my original credit card. The credit limit that I received, from BoS, was significantly less than that which I had on my old card - but the reality is that I had never used this limit and so, it doesn't make any difference to me.

Marion

Judybaby73 said:
Alex and Jam have you tried ringing BOS to find out any info? When I do they don't seem to know what I'm talking about and tell me they can't answer my questions over the phone.

yes i have rang them. i am a little bit unhappy with them to be honest. i will give them a bit longer though as i have already made the application and would like to see what the outcome is. a few years ago i had an mbna credit card. i had that card within 2 weeks of applying. i applied for the bos credit card a month ago today. they do seem to be a bit slow alright.

Thanks Marion, most helpful. Alex, I am going to ring BOS one last time! I'm sure the 0% will be well worth it and I actually need it right now!

There are other cards that offer 0% balance transfers. There is a thread on the 'best value' in the Best Buys forum. Why go through the hassle of dealing with BoSI when there are other cards that will offer pretty much the same deal. The UB Zinc card actually has a 9 month introductory interest free period and will pay your stamp duty if you spend €6,000 in a year.

i'll be patient and give them another month or so. if i haven't received my card by then i will cancel the application and go elsewhere. i think giving them 2 months is long enough. bos just happened to be the one bank i applied to first.

CCOVICH said:
There are other cards that offer 0% balance transfers. There is a thread on the 'best value' in the Best Buys forum. Why go through the hassle of dealing with BoSI when there are other cards that will offer pretty much the same deal. The UB Zinc card actually has a 9 month introductory interest free period and will pay your stamp duty if you spend €6,000 in a year.

Does the UB give you 0% on purchases too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back