Bank of Scotland plastic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get N bet R

Hi all,

Recently applied for one of these cards with a view to transferring my existing credit card balance to new card, anyone have any feedback on how they have found BOS ? Also who long does the whole process take of opening up a new Credit card with them ?

Many thanks,

Applied for this myself about 2 weeks ago and received the card the other day. When I reviewed the documentation sent out my new credit limit was 1/10th of the limit on my old card. On phoning customer service i was told there was no way of increasing this limit as it was computer generated! The new limit wasn't even enough to transfer over my existing balance which defeated the purpose of applying for the card.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for response,

That's interesting, a Bank not throwing money at you ;) If they do something similar to me, I won't go ahead with the application. I guess there is always a catch to these supposed good deals..

clipper1981 said:
Applied for this myself about 2 weeks ago and received the card the other day. When I reviewed the documentation sent out my new credit limit was 1/10th of the limit on my old card. On phoning customer service i was told there was no way of increasing this limit as it was computer generated! The new limit wasn't even enough to transfer over my existing balance which defeated the purpose of applying for the card.

That was discussed in another thread here before . Just because you have a 5k limit , for example , with one card issuer doesn't mean you are going to get it from another - this is not unique to BOS afaik.

clipper1981, I'm shocked that the limit was so low. I'm looking to transfer my balance over to BOS but am now having second thoughts. Thanks.

Anyone know what the standard initial credit limit is for this cc?

According to the T&C's in [broken link removed]

there isn't one - they will decide the limit on the basis of the application.

Yes I am aware of this, just looking for personal feedback from ppl who have one!

tnx.

Meaningless-unless you post details of your income, credit record, other debts etc. and find someone with roughly the same profile as yourself (who is willing to post details).

A family member of mine applied for one of these cards last Friday. She included proof of address and a copy of her id with the application. For those of you that have one of these BoS cards, will she need to provide more documentation shortly or do you think that they have all they need? Also, how long does it take to get the card? She is thinking that it will take 4-6 weeks. I am guessing just 2. Everything was sent with the application rather than at a later date so would that shorten the length of time to get the card?

Mimi

clipper1981 said:

What documentation did you have to provide? It would be interesting to know. I am thinking that they'll want proof of savings, proof of loans and a load of other stuff too. Many thanks.

Mimi

They look for proof of ID (copy of passport or driver's licence)
3 most recent bank statements
Proof of address - utility bill, ESB or Phone bill.

Marion

Marion said:
They look for proof of ID (copy of passport or driver's license)
3 most recent bank statements
Proof of address - utility bill, ESB or Phone bill.

Marion

What if you use a bank book and don't get statements? Thanks.

Mimi

from what i can tell you should still be able to get a statement. just contact your branch and ask can you have one.

This is a quote regarding the necessary documents from this [broken link removed]

1. Two originals from the following list:
IMPORTANT: These documents must be ORIGINALS, NOT PHOTOCOPIES. They will be returned
to you when the application is complete.

• Most recent utility bill
• Most recent bank or building society statement
• Most recent balancing statement from Revenue Commissioners
• Current household/motor insurance documents
• Revenue Commissioners C2 tax certificate

2. A photocopy of one of the following:
• Current fully signed Passport
• Current Drivers Licence (provisional or full)
• Age/Identity Card issued by Gardaí

Marion

Thanks for the info Marion. I see that "3 most recent bank statements" are not necessary really. An applicant could always produce one utility bill and a motor insurance document along with their ID. That looks sufficient enough to me.

Mimi

I would be wary of sending them motor insurnace docs as you may be required to produce them within 10 days to a Garda station. It wouldn't cut any ice saying "I sent them off to apply for a Credit card".

I see what you are saying. A tax cert then. It is on the list. I don't have a bank statement to hand, just a bank book.

Mimi

Holy Hell....I am trying to get my credit card under control! I applied last week to change over to Bank of Scotland in order to get the 0% for 6 months in the hope I could pay it off (Then I was thinking of changing to Tesco credit card after this.....anyone know anything about that??)
Anyway it must have been too good to be true because I filled in the simple application and thought "wow that was so easy". I didnt know until I read here that a) I will have to send more info and b) my credit limit with plastic will be crap!!!

Actually does anyone have an example of the credit limited on plastic?

Notably when I rang bank of ireland (my existing bank) to tell them I would be leaving they advised said that I should ring credit card services to see if they could give me a better deal. When I did they suggested that I go for the Gold card (I have a UCC affinity card at mo) and that they would give me 0% for 6months on PURCHACES only. Then I got thinking .....bloody hell they are encouraging me to spend more now!!

Has anyone anything positive to say about bank of Scotland? I will go through with it if it doesn't entail that Im from filling and document sending for another month!

Thanks...rant over...Jude

An application was posted to BoSI on Monday 6 March. So far they haven't responded. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to respond? Also how do they respond to an application? Is it by post or telephone? I am guessing that things should be faster these days.

Mimi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back