Baking a small ham

Newbie!

I want to bake a small 1.5lb ham. I've only every boiled them before. Should i boil it slightly first and then pop it in the oven? Does anyone have any idea how long it should take?

Your small ham

Probably a bit late for this. Anyway here goes.. Boil the ham for an hour and a half - let it bubble away gently to itself. Drain, then pop in the oven for half an hour, uncovered on a baking tray or in a casserole dish. But before you put it in the oven pour honey over it and stick loads of cloves in it. After half an hour it will be all crisped up beautifully. Let it cool down for five minutes after you take it out, just to let it settle. Then slice it using an electric knife. Lovely served up with cheesy garlicky potatoes :)

Dermot O' Neill was on yesterday afternoon with Derek Mooney. He recommended putting the ham in a baking dish and pouring Coca Cola over it before cooking it in the oven for an hour in the oven. He said that the flavour is wonderful!

I tried Coke on ham a couple of years ago, and I was disappointed. Tried it out on family, didn't tell them about the Coke, and they didn't notice the difference :(

Just noticed this post, we cook our ham in a slow cooker with Aldi diet-cola, so tasty and you can take some of the cola out towards the end and rapid boil for a sauce, deffo better with the cola

Back