Back to School Clothing and Footware Allowance

Lol!!
I got a number for them!! At last!!
Tel:1890 300655.
I phoned and they said payment will be issued in the next week to week and a half. Phew! That will give me a few days to source and buy uniforms x3. I just hope they will have everything I need in sizes I need.

hi,sorry if this has been asked already but can i get it for a 3yr old(only child) who will be hopefully starting playschool(if we can figure out away off getting the money together)Husband earns €580 pw & we get a medical card,no fis or any other supplement

You must be in receipt of a Social Welfare payment in order to be eligible for the Back to School scheme (as well as be under the income limits for your family size).

If wages are the only income, then you will not be eligible for the scheme.

is it still possible to apply for this? If it's just social welfare being received is that all that is considered, or is salary from very start of the year used to average out? Was working at start of year, but on JB at minute.

Also- are savings used to determine income?

Are outgoings taken into effect? Have never applied for this, but we have a 15 year old and a 3 year old so wondering if we may be entitled.

hi guys just let u all no .i got my cheak for 400e today .happy days going to get kids school stuff now .

and i got mine thank god last week and i thought i might not be eligable so it was worth applying for

is it still possible to apply for this? If it's just social welfare being received is that all that is considered, or is salary from very start of the year used to average out? Was working at start of year, but on JB at minute.

Also- are savings used to determine income?

Are outgoings taken into effect? Have never applied for this, but we have a 15 year old and a 3 year old so wondering if we may be entitled.

If you are on JB at the moment, then you can apply - your wages from earlier in the year won't be assessed. If you were still working (e.g. part salary, part JB) then your current salary would be assessed. The scheme is open until 30th September so you've plenty of time to apply.

Outgoings are not into account.

what are you allowed to earn weekly/monthly to be entilted to the allowance im on social welfare payment have 2 children

many thanks

All the info is here:
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/c...ack_to_school_clothing_and_footwear_allowance
You will need to apply before September (just under two weeks form now) So get on to it as soon as you can.

The closing date on this is September 30th

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/c...ack_to_school_clothing_and_footwear_allowance

"The scheme is open from 1 June to 30 September. To apply, fill in a Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance form (pdf). You can also get a form at your local health centre or text FORM BTSCFA followed by your name and address to 51909 (standard text rates apply)."

Hi all, still no sign of back to school allowance and the kids are back to school on monday! I reckon the government want to see if all the kids go back to school in full uniform and will then have reason to abolish the payment next year. It is an absolute disgrace that we get crucified like this from all directions. I rang the locall number this morning and was told to leave my query after the automated message. I am livid!!

Hi Gipiman

Can these Back to school allowances application forms be posted in ( live in Midlands Area ) or do you have to go into your local Community Welfare branch and meet the Officer first ?

What would you suggest ?

Thanks

Senni ( again )

Senni,

Application arrangements for the various areas may be found here -

[broken link removed]

I applied in July and got a request for more info, which I sent the first week of August. Nothing back from them as yet, so I will have to ring the number. I have had to write a note to school about not having the money yet for books or supplies. Anyone else in same situation?

Am i correct in saying that one must be in receipt of a Social Welfare payment in order to be eligible for the Back to School scheme as well as be under the income limits for your family size, that if wages are the only income, then you will not be eligible for the scheme.

Am i correct in saying that one must be in receipt of a Social Welfare payment in order to be eligible for the Back to School scheme as well as be under the income limits for your family size, that if wages are the only income, then you will not be eligible for the scheme.

Yes - you must be in receipt of a SW payment in order to qualify.

If wages are below the limit for the family size for the Back to School scheme, then the family may qualify for Family Income Supplement which is a qualifying payment for the Back to School scheme.

If FIS is in payment, it is not counted as income when deciding entitlement to the BtoS scheme.

Back