Athlone to Harcourt St for 10am on a Weekday

MissRibena

Hi everyone

Hoping someone who is familiar with the N4/N6 approach to Dublin can help me figure out what time I need to allow to get to Harcourt St for 10am on a weekday?

Also, where could I park?

Not sure if public transport (at least for the full trip) is possible as I have no idea how long the meeting will take or if I'll have to go to another location afterwards.

Thanks a million
Rebecca

Parking is widely available but expensive. You could use the St Stephen's Green shopping centre car park which is less than five minutes from Harcourt Street. If, by any chance, you're a garda you could simply park on the pavement or any double yellow line you happen to see free.

Assuming you're not howver, you might be as well to park your car for free in the Phoenix Park on the approach to Parkgate Street and get the bus from that street (or the Luas from Heuston) into town as far as O'Connell Bridege. From there, it's about a 10/15 minute walk to Harcourt Street.

You'd need to allow about an hour to Harcourt Street from the time you leave Parkgate Street. Don't know how long it would take to get to PArkgate Street from Athlone, though.

Dublin traffic is very unpredictable. I would personnaly leave at 6.45 if I were you and you can always spend some time in Grafton Street which is near by if you are early. hth

If it was me I'd opt for public transport, getting the train to Heuston and then the Luas. Alternatively, drive to Maynooth and get the train to Connolly and or Pearse St (some of the Maynooth trains go as far as Pearse St). Trains to and from Maynooth are quite frequent so you should have the flexibility you require.

Thanks everyone.

I think I might go at the crack of dawn and park in St. Stephen's Green.

I'd like to try the public transport option and I'm sure this sounds mental but I reckon I'll be up to 90 about the meeting and won't have my wits about me enough to figure out the trains/buses/luas thing (what with us have no usable public transport - I'm 30 minutes into the sticks from Athlone before anyone starts :))

Rebecca

I always use public transport for this sort of Dublin expedition, and use taxis around the city of buses & luas are not convenient. The combination of tiredness, traffic and parking is not conducive to being up to speed for work.

Back