Are Trustees of Pension Plans required to communicate with their members when contacted?

Kimmagegirl

I am a member of a defined pension fund. Mercer manage the pension. I am not having any luck with Mercer at the moment. I cannot get them to answer some simple basic questions.

I contacted the trustees of my pension fund to see if they had someone in Mercer who actually is a designated person who deals with our company plan and who might be able to help me as I was being passed around Mercer like snuff at a wake.

Now I have the new problem that the trustees won't even reply to my correspondence.

Are trustees required to communicate with their members?

I am in the same boat Kimmagegirl. I have 30 years paid into a DB pension which is now deferred due to redundancy. I have failed to get any response from either the trustees or Mercer when asking about the performance of the above said pension. It seems unfair because its your money. Maybe a solicitors letter?

The Pensions Ombudsman is always a good source ........Make an "official" complaint to Mercer and they then have i think have 8 weeks to respond, if not you can go to the PO. They should have complaint forms on their website

Back