Are there any 5%+ Savings Accounts that Accept Direct Debit/Standing Order

blobert

Hello,

I used to a have my Rabo Account set up to transfer from the savings acc to my current acc then to my AIB current account from where my monthly saver accounts were debited.

This was an annoying system and it meant my money spent several days of the month in transit, thus eating into the advantage at saving at 7% instead of 5%.

Does anyone know of a 5%+ savings account that allows you to set up standing orders to pay into regular savings accounts.

I have a Halifax Flexi Saver, First Active eSaver and standard Northern Rock Acc, I don't believe any of these allow this.

I've had a lot of problems with regular savings accounts, getting paid the wrong interest rates, having to argue with them, make lots of phone calls etc. I'm beginning to think it's not necessarily worth it for the added few %

Any advice on this, or if anyone has a straightforward set up for paying into monthly savings accounts let me know.

Thanks

Most of these accounts can afford to offer the higher rates because they don't provide facilities such as SO & DD.

I have a savings account in the AngloIrish Bank (5.30%), I am surprised as how quickly they move money to the AIB account (same day or one day). Northernrock takes at least one week to do the same.

I don't know about DD or SO on this account.

I recently got the application form from Anglo Irish Bank for the 8% regular saver account. Money to be lodged via standing order I was informed.

No, it can be funded by manual online transfer.
Definitely. The T&Cs mention this. And I've done it by manual transfer from another account for months now.

I have a savings account in the AngloIrish Bank (5.30%), I am surprised as how quickly they move money to the AIB account (same day or one day). Northernrock takes at least one week to do the same.

I don't know about DD or SO on this account.
No DD/SO facility on either account mentioned above.

Hello,

I used to a have my Rabo Account set up to transfer from the savings acc to my current acc then to my AIB current account from where my monthly saver accounts were debited.

You know you could set up SOs from Rabo directly to the individual RSAs in some cases? e.g. I have a Rabo SO direct to my Anglo RSA - takes a couple of days I think. I know Rabo only pay 4.3% which is disappointing though.

Back