Anyone using Hola as Free P2P network?

horusd

Hi guys, want to watch a BBC program and can't due to restrictions (only available to UK residents). Came across 'hola' as as a free add-on for Chrome, but a wee bit wary of it (my concerns are around security really). Anyone use it or alternatives they would recommend?

Haven't used it, but a couple of years back I was looking at their website and saw that the Israeli government are one of their investors/backers.

Probably nothing sinister in it, I just thought it strange that a national government would invest in such a service and decided to give it a miss.

Personally, I use a smart DNS service from overplay.net and VPN from hidemyass.com and that gives me access to everything I need. They're not free though.

Hi horusd - do a quick search for 'hola warning' for some interesting feedback/warnings. As alternatives have a look at 'tunnel bear', 'hotspot shield' , 'zenmate'. U should be able to get a free trial on each and that alone may be enough for you to see your program. Tunnel Bear for example gives u 500mb free streaming per calendar month. I have over the years used all three without any issues. Cheers

In the end I plumbed for the add-on, if the Israeli's are watching me watching thr Beeb they've too much time on their hands!

Back