Home Anyone got a good quote recently?

Shawady

We have recently got a quote for our house insurance. It is coming in at €800, which i think is huge. We were only paying €280 a year up until very recently and €450 for last year alone.
Has home insurance really increased by that much?
What bugs me is that in 13 years of being a home owner, we have never made a claim.

Has anyone got a competitive quote recently?

Hi Shawady,

My insurance quote for renewal was also €800 up from €340 last year! I shopped around and used the AA in the end with the same cover for €350

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/Insurance.aspx

They are a broker so will search through the different providers for you

G*

ps. I have no affiliation just a happy customer

Last edited:
Mine was due next week, got renewal quote from AA (with RSA) around 600 mark. Shopped around, got a quote from Chill.ie for 450. Went back to AA and they matched it, I stayed with them because the cover was better than Chill.ie. NCD protection was higher.

I got a qoute of 410 from my current insurer. Rang them and they immediately dropped to 370 euro. I then looked at removing the accidental damage cover on my contents ( I have nothing of huge value in the house). I figure if I damaged something accidently and claimed my premium in the future would claw it back negating the saving of not buying a new item so I removed this saving me nearly another 100 euro so its down to 275 approx now

Back