anyone dealt with these people Log me in rescue

john martin

I was having a problem with my HP printer and was directed online to a ' Log me in rescue 'technician. After a lot of checking and me foolishly I think allowing him access to my computer he says he could not fix due to impending mal wear disaster and I should buy internet virus protection immediately from him.He said my free AVG anti virus is useless and dangerous to use.He started pushing very hard to sell but I told him I would have to think about it. Am I right to be wary and should I get maybe something like Norton?

So you were talking to a salesman on commission.

Did you try contacting HP for support?

I thought it was HP support I was on to but they must have side tracked me somehow.I will need to be more careful.

They pay for ads to appear at the top of search results to catch people that way. Always best to be vigilant of the domain you are visiting when following links.

Hi, download malwarebytes for free to to rid your computer of any malware. It's excellent. I wouldnt recommend you giving a stranger remote access to your computer. One has to be very careful.

For the record, logmein rescue is a legit product for remote desktop support. Needless to say, they don't employ internet lifeguards to fix strangers' computers.

Back