Anybody used Ecocabs in Dublin?

ClubMan

Anybody ever used the service? While it's free is it expected that the passengers tip the "driver"?

Anybody ever used the service? While it's free is it expected that the passengers tip the "driver"?

According to the website it's completely free, so I would assume you don't. That said, I'd feel a bit bad by not doing it.

Do you think its 2km from O'Connell street to Fairview? They could save me daily commute home.

Is it really that different than cyclists not being insured? Main difference I would have thought would be requirement for some form of insurance for the passenger only.

Are they really 'Public Service Vehicles' if they don't charge a fee? Maybe this is a technicality that they can use to their advantage by offering a free service to the public.

According to this site:
"Public Service Vehicles are vehicles that carry passengers for a fee"

According to boards.ie, one of their representatives suggested that they were credited by the RSA and Department of Transport and all have public liability insurance, which is seemingly all that is required as they are closer to bicycles than cars.

According to boards.ie, one of their representatives suggested that they were credited by the RSA and Department of Transport and all have public liability insurance, which is seemingly all that is required as they are closer to bicycles than cars.

sounds plausible

Back