Any Good Early Bird Menus In Dublin

La Caverna in Temple Bar, just beside Luigi Malones is lovely and very reasonable, i think it's around 17 for two courses, 20 for three and there's a good choice, i think it's from around half five to seven

Chez Max, Baggot St and Palace St (beside Dublin Castle). Early bird (starters and mains) for two, plus wine and coffees € 70 before tip.

Chez Max, Baggot St and Palace St (beside Dublin Castle). Early bird (starters and mains) for two, plus wine and coffees € 70 before tip.
Lovely restaurant but a very small menu for the early bird. Worth visiting though.

La Caverna in Temple Bar, just beside Luigi Malones is lovely and very reasonable, i think it's around 17 for two courses, 20 for three and there's a good choice, i think it's from around half five to seven

I agree - a little gem of a place. Nice staff too.

Seems to be a lot of places now were they have 'All you can Eat'

Was in one on Abbey Street, Full House, all you can eat for €10 Chinese, mind you no alcohol and a sprite cost €1.10

Was in Bonga on Capel street that was €18 but staff not as quick refilling the dishes

on Eden Quay although have not been there in a while

I thought the standard of food in Jimmy Chungs was very poor. A lot of stodge and not much else. Good for a bloke after a feed of pints, but's thats about all really.

there used to be a great place on south william street i think it was called Tutti. They had a beat the clock menu where it was 2.50 for starter and dessert and then you paid for the main cours depending on what time you ordered so 5 o clock 5 euro 6 o clock 6 euro etc. Long time since I lived in Dublin so it is probably gone.

Thunder Road Cafe in Fleet Street has an early Bird menu from 4 - 7pm Mon - Fri. €12.95 for 2 courses + glass of wine/beer or €15.95 for 3 courses + glass of wine/beer. Been there and I thought it would be very noisy but wasn't. Really enjoyed meal and very near the Olympia theatre.

Tante Zoe's in the city centre.

Went there in a group recently and the service was so slow it was dreadful.

A friend went there at lunch time and was there for hours because the service was so slow.

Seems to be a lot of places now were they have 'All you can Eat'

Was in one on Abbey Street, Full House, all you can eat for €10 Chinese, mind you no alcohol and a sprite cost €1.10

In light of the Friendly Place in Abbey St. closing down Full House seemed a handy option. No great though because the food is too near the door which is open all the time and the food is quite cold as a result. The selection is not bad though for the price.

Find the €11 option in Good World is better which I think is available up to 4oc now. [broken link removed] in Dame St. used to do something similar not sure if its still available but good value if it is. Not sure what time they finish.

Diep le Shaker (Thai) on Pembroke Lane around the corner from the Pembroke pub on Pembroke st has a great deal at the moment. €60 for 3 courses + a bottle of wine for two. Was there during the week and it was delicious!

I like the food in the 101 but find the noise level intolerable. I also had a real issue recently when I rang two days previously to book a table for 6 or 7 people (we weren't sure whether one family member was going to make it on time) I rang, as instructed before 12 noon on the day and confirmed that it would be 6 and rang back an hour later to change that to 7, we arrived at the restaurant to find the table set for 6 and the manageress made such a big deal about setting an extra place that we all felt like walking out and would have done if it hadn't been a celebration meal for one of the party and we didn't want to cause embarrassment. I really felt that in the present economic climate they should have been welcoming the extra diner with open arms instead of being such a pain about it. We won't be back!

I was at Louie's Bistro at 20 Mountjoy Square recently and the food is the nicest I've had in a long time (and I like my food!) They do a 2-person special for €65 for 3 courses each plus a bottle of wine and I think they do a €26 2-course early-bird/pre-theatre. Really, I can't recommend it highly enough. No connection other than a very happy soon-to-be-repeat customer.

This is my favourite haunt... Great food, great value, and really important for those of us with allergies or on restricted diets, they'll move mountains to oblige... I have a severe nut allergy, and while they're very careful, they never make an issue of it...

Went to FXB in Temple Bar (Crow Street) the other night. 2 course for 19 Euro early bird. Fantastic steak!!! Would definitely recommend. Also fantastic restaurant is "Le Bon Crubeen" on Talbot Street, next to the Celtic pub. Really good food and very good value.

Back