Any Good Early Bird Menus In Dublin

Aside from early bird menus, why not try one of the multitude of new Chinese restaurants that are springing up across the city.

Red Berry on Georges St has an all-day €12.50 menu, which is great value.

And Jade Kitchen (my all-time fave Chinese restaurant and a well-kept secret... until now) does the BEST chinese food at really good prices. It's just off Capel St. (Basically the road across from the bottom of Mary St.) Definitely try the dodgy sounding "Twice-cooked belly pork" - it's insanely tasty!!!!

The Thai Orchid on Westmoreland Street does a good early bird for about €18/€19. The Cedar Tree (Lebanese food) on Andrew's Lane has a fab one for around the same price ....

Hi,

I just thought I'd re-open this thread to get some more recent updates. Can anyone recommend a really nice early bird in Dublin 1 or 2?
Heading out with the girls on Wednesday and looking for something cheapish and cheerful...

Thanks.

Good idea! Heading to Dublin to fly out early Weds. and looking for place to eat Tues evening, Swords and surrounds. Don't fancy heading right into town. Any recommends?

I was in the Punjab Balti in Ranelagh last week and they have a 3 course early bird for 19.95 (finishes at 7.30pm). Really tasty!!!

Hi Welfarite,

I can recommend Indie Spice in Swords village. Absolutely delicious - early bird menu for under €20!​

Hi Welfarite,​

I can recommend Indie Spice in Swords village. Absolutely delicious - early bird menu for under €20!​

Hmmm, the other half is not an Indian food fan.... Is this a problem there? (Sounds good to me though!)

Yes I'm afraid, it's good Indian food but Indian all the same. You could try La Spada, upstairs in Swords Plaza. I'm not too sure if they do an early bird but it's Italian and the food is great.

L'Gueleton on Fade Street (beside Hogan's on Georges Street) do an early bird - highly recommended

Yes I'm afraid, it's good Indian food but Indian all the same. You could try La Spada, upstairs in Swords Plaza. I'm not too sure if they do an early bird but it's Italian and the food is great.

Thanks, Boylers, will definitely scout both places....

Restaurant in the Carnegie Court hotel in Swords does a fabulous early bird, up to 7.30pm. Reasonable wine too.
[broken link removed]
Don't think the menus are completely up to date but if you're looking for a more traditional restaurant setting and range of food this is a great place.

The Uki Yo Japanese on Exchequer St. Three course plus a beer or a mohito for €15 pp.

Had the early bird recently on a sat evening in Siam, Andrew st d2, and it was suprisingly good. Around 22e.

Thanks, Boylers, will definitely scout both places....

v good choice in malahide for early birds also which isn't too far from swords. Personal favourite is Siam Thai. 2 course (starter and main) + drink for €19 last time I was there. Food is amazing.

Thai Orchid on Westmoreland street is great for an early bird, really nice food and not too expensive either.

Any updates on this, what with the recession and all? ;)

Tante Zoe's in the city centre.
Court yard in Donnybrook - if you order the early bird within the time limit you can stay eating/drinking for as long as you want.

Had EB in Kingsland, Dame st last Sat ( up to 7:30) for just 16.95€, starter, main course, desert and coffee! No service charge.
Not at all bad!

My favourites are Fan's Chinese on Dame St. Two Early Bird Menus, both under €20.

A little more upmarket but still excellent value are La Mere Zou at St Stephens Green and Dobbins off Mount Street.

Back