Antigen testing entering Ireland

Exchanger

Hi
My daughter and her family are coming in f rom Germany this week and all vaccinated etc. She is now trying to source an antigen test in Berlin but sees on the HSE website that it should meet some EU criteria list....that can't be found on their website!!!!
Does anyone know if the test taken at a pop up centre in Germany are sufficient. They do provide a print out stating you've been tested along with the result. Is that all that is required?
Thanks.

It seems that it needs to be professionally administered and that you must have a printout or something in electronic format.

Which is what your daughter has lined-up.

As per Gordon's link, make sure it's an RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction) test. Other types of PCR tests are not accepted.

Or antigen is fine also
It doesn't say that Gordon. It says you need a negative PCR test and then to take antigen tests while here.

When we went away during the summer, my 13 yo needed an antigen test to get into France and a PCR test to get back home.

And don't forget the passenger locator form too

Probably best refer to the DFA site, they're updating that as the guidelines change.

Travelling to Ireland
Travelling to Germany (other countries here)

They highlight that while antigen tests are sufficient for those with proof of vaccination or recovery, they must be professionally administered. Self-testing is not accepted.

It doesn't say that Gordon. It says you need a negative PCR test and then to take antigen tests while here.

When we went away during the summer, my 13 yo needed an antigen test to get into France and a PCR test to get back home.

And don't forget the passenger locator form too
Hi Steven,

Where are you getting that from?

The first bullet point on the page accessed via that link deals with PCR and antigen tests.

Under the current rules, a professionally administered antigen test is okay.

Gordon

Hi Steven,

Where are you getting that from?

The first bullet point on the page accessed via that link deals with PCR and antigen tests.

Under the current rules, a professionally administered antigen test is okay.

Gordon
My mistake, just read the first paragraph

Travelling to Ireland
It says: "Only Rapid Antigen Tests which are listed on the common EU Rapid Antigen Test list will be accepted and it must be carried out by a health professional or skilled testing personnel. You can’t test yourself."

But then doesn't link to the "EU Rapid Antigen Test List".....which is not very helpful.

I have a relative travelling and they are getting a certified antigen test in a pharmacy for €25. They then get a certificate with a QR.

The list is in this [broken link removed].
Which is not linked to from any page with a gov.ie suffix.

It's pretty poor guidance from the HSE/DFA/Department of Health or whoever should be advising the tens of thousands of people travelling in the next week or so.

1. In Berlin get the "Corona Warn App."
2. On the front page of the app if you scroll down there is a section "Manage your Tests". Its has a section "Find Testing Center". Click on it for a map of test centres. there are lots. Your never more than 500m from one in city centre.
3. Pop along to a 'schnelltest" (fast test) centre. No need for appointment.
4. If non resident its about 15 euro. Give them your passport number, name, email and phone number.
5. It will be mailed to you in 5 minutes after taking the test.
6. Bring to Dublin Airport and show on phone or printed. Doesnt need to have QR code.

I took my daughter to New York leaving on Saturday at 12pm and returning Monday at 5 am. The antigen test I got done at the V1 medical centre in Santry was accepted at check-in in Dublin and at check-in in New York. The antigen test was good for 48 hours.

Thanks everyone for your replies. It strikes me that the mixture of views demonstrates how unclear the regulations are. As I pointed out there is no link to a list on the HSE site which is very unhelpful.
The problem arises as in Berlin there are pop up centres at every corner providing antigen tests BUT how does one know whether this is the one acceptable at Dublin airport upon arrival. I'll update this post when my daughter arrives home!!!
Happy Christmas to all.

I took my daughter to New York leaving on Saturday at 12pm and returning Monday at 5 am. The antigen test I got done at the V1 medical centre in Santry was accepted at check-in in Dublin and at check-in in New York. The antigen test was good for 48 hours.
I'm hoping to travel soon Landlord.... I'm wondering has the criteria changed slightly.... Like now it's only day before & is antigen still acceptable from the likes of this pharmacy?

I'm hoping to travel soon Landlord.... I'm wondering has the criteria changed slightly.... Like now it's only day before & is antigen still acceptable from the likes of this pharmacy?
The links in post #6 above are updated every time there is a change.

Back