am i entitled to redundancy

buster mammy

redundancy came up last year and some of my colleagues took it , the jobs that were left were given out on the basis longest in got 1st choice ,i was left with the last choice which was cover for maternity leave, the person i was filling in for has not returned and instead of leaving me in this job, it has now been offered to the person that was in the company just before me and i have to take her job which is in a different area, where i will be expected to work 4 weekends ( off all week and work fri sat sun) and 2 weeks without any work, during the 2 weeks i have off i will have try to pick up work in other areas if its going, not always the case! i cant do 4 weekends as im seperated and have my child every 2nd weekend to care for, so my question is, am i entitled to redundancy now and am i being treated unfairly i have no problem getting a new job but dont want to leave without whats due to me could somebody please advise as time is running out

Last edited:
Some basics first

Are you permanently employed and how long have you worked there?
Do you have a contract of employment and a job description?

yes permanent contract ,working there 8th years and have a contract of indefinately duration and a job description

Back