"All my money is in Irish banks" - Alan McQuaid of Bloxham

I'm with the Ghoul on this, AAM has leaned to the left for a long time on this issue and has actively in my opinion promoted the doom scenario, it does not matter what this economist has or has not in the way of cash assets, that is his business, he has declared his position and fair play to him, where do the AAM moderators have their cash...have they reserves at all..?.. are they in the game..or armchair observers..?...you know what I don't care, everyone is entitled to a voice but keep the balance please.

As it happens I'm with this economist, I considered going to Germany but could not be bothered, what stopped me was the likely scenario that I would get back whatever I was entitled to in the ' new ' Irish Euro / Punt Nua / whatever etc and that is a real possibility without a German address, same for other European countries..

I have cash guaranteed by the Irish and U.K. Govt and am getting a good, risk weighted return, pity about the D.I R T , I sleep well, I agree with diversification and do not have everything in cash, only a clown would not know that cash deposits over the past 24 months have become an asset class at the rates available and I am prepared to take the risk, each to their own and all that..

Back