AIB regular saver rate 7.10% price promise runs out

I'm going to wait a while to see which of the remaining 7% Regular Saver banks blinks first before deciding to go to the hassle of setting another one up.

Can you cancel your standing order for AIB reg savings account online or over the phone on 24 hour banking or is it good old fashioned into the bank I head?

I couldn't cancel it online. You'll probably have to write to them or visit the branch to cancel it.

There was an article yesterday in the independent about the rate dropping to 4% see
That's a bit rough that they are still telling people 6.98%- I specifically mentioned that I _expected_ that the rate had dropped on January 1st, and was told, no, that that was the rate.

I contacted my branch to query the rate and was to receive a call back, which never came! Went back online and although the 7.1% is still there in the opening blurb, when you open interest rates, that account is now showing 4%. I phoned the internet banking helpline and with amazing ease was able to open the online banking 7 day notice account and transfer the funds from the regular saver in the blink of an eye! You do have to write or call to the branch to stop the standing order, but in the meantime you're getting the 5% interest.:)

Called into the bank and cancelled the SO, took only 5 minutes as its a customer issue rather than having to queue up for the teller!!! Didn't close the account, just changed SO to €0..., just in case they might up the rate again!

Called into the bank and cancelled the SO, took only 5 minutes as its a customer issue rather than having to queue up for the teller!!! Didn't close the account, just cahanged SO to €0...

Nice one. I would imagine that any interest owed would be paid in April hense the account is left open.

I just moved all funds but 79 EUR from this account to the new AIB online 30 day notice account. If I close the account altogether, would I receive the interest straight away, I wonder?

Fanny

Back