AIB Online Notice Deposit 7

Just wondering would I be better off leaving it for a week or two to see if there are any changes due to the ECB rate rise.

It's a variable interest rate account so it shouldn't make any difference whether you open it now or wait to see if they do anything.

Just checked my account. I thought the second amount of interest would be paid on October 1st?

Anyone get their second yearly interest on this yet?

Same here - no. The [broken link removed] don't explicitly say the 1st of the relevant months:
6.1 Interest will be posted to your account twice per annum - in April and October.

Same here. So I guess it's probably close of business on the first working day of the relevant month?

Yes, got mine too!

I have to say, I also have a Rabo account and find their 'Your interest' button really useful. Your interest updates every day even if its only cents.

With the AIB account, its all hidden until the payment day - which is six months away now!

I tried to transfer some money from this account to my current account, online.

I didn't get an error message but rather some red text afterwards saying something along the lines of "This transaction has not yet been posted" or something similar.

I wasnt sure if it had failed, or they were saying it has not yet been posted, as it would be in 7 days???

Anyone here transfer money successfully and get this message?

I tried to transfer some money from this account to my current account, online.

I didn't get an error message but rather some red text afterwards saying something along the lines of "This transaction has not yet been posted" or something similar.

I wasnt sure if it had failed, or they were saying it has not yet been posted, as it would be in 7 days???

Anyone here transfer money successfully and get this message?
You must serve 7 days notice even to transfer to another AIB account.Go to `savings` on left side of page and follow link to serve notice of transfer.

thanks i never realised I had to do that step.

it's still not clear to me if I need to resubmit the transfer itself now!

thanks i never realised I had to do that step.

it's still not clear to me if I need to resubmit the transfer itself now!
It will be clearly written in green writing on the top of your `balances` page when you log in if your advance notice has been served.

OK cool I guess I have to wait 7 days for that to appear.

It's not obvious if you make the actual transfer request 7 days in advance or once that notice has appeared.

Then again, I probably didn't read something that was sent to me.

OK cool I guess I have to wait 7 days for that to appear.

It's not obvious if you make the actual transfer request 7 days in advance or once that notice has appeared.

Then again, I probably didn't read something that was sent to me.
It should appear immediately. For example, when I got my interest payment today I served notice that I wanted to transfer the interest which I got (as I already have the 10k maximum deposit @ top rate there) to another account which pays more interest. As soon as I did this the green notification appears immediately at the top of the `balances` page.
So make sure that`s there otherwise you will be waiting another 7 days to transfer.
Mine says that the funds which I have requested to be available for transfer will be available from the 9/10/08 until the 15/10/08.

I just checked and say the following message:

You have given notice to withdraw xxx Euro from your ONLINE NOTICE xxxx account. These funds will be available from 09/10/2008 up to and including 15/10/2008.

Thanks!

Just tried to transfer interest money from my online 7 day account to my current account (same bank) and I keep getting error message `withdrawal amount or withdrawal date invalid`.When I log in it states on top of page that `funds are available for transfer `till 15/10/2008`..grrrrr! Sometimes I feel like throwin` this damn computer through AIB`s window!!!!:mad:

Back