Affordable Housing : 3 months savings needed

Re: Affordable Housing 3 months savings needed

Be as flexible as you can with the area you want to live and the time it will take..you should get offered more properties that way. I wasnt keen on blanchardstown originally but kept an open mind..and well..now im goin to be living there this time next month! Dont put a deadline on when you expect to be in somewhere, this is a v confusing process as you'll soon figure out..post on here if theres anything you're unsure of..and start saving now..you'll be glad of the money when your time comes around!:p

well at the moment im living in lucan and always have done so i want to try stay close and my boyfriend lives in celbridge but wouldnt mind there. we even look on daft last night to see what sort of cheap houses there are...there isnt many,haha. except an awful lot in athy but thats a bit far out for us i think. back to the drawing board with all this i think :)

Im from lucan too and have bought in blanchardstown as its not too far, also Clonee came up very quickly and thats only around 10/15 mins from lucan. did you see there are apts in hazelhatch in celbridge with the ahp? starting from €228,000 I think!

Im from lucan too and have bought in blanchardstown as its not too far, also Clonee came up very quickly and thats only around 10/15 mins from lucan. did you see there are apts in hazelhatch in celbridge with the ahp? starting from €228,000 I think!

yeah i seen those in celbridge, i know a few people who have bought them. they look very big. ideally i think i would rather a house. just wonder sometimes is the afforable housing the way to go or try but a cheaper house yourself (which i know i hard to do these days)

Hi Swordhead

where in Blanch where you offered?

Was it your first offer?

I'm on the list over 6 months and haven't really heard much

Thanks

Tracey

Hi i was offered in Erris Square in waterville [broken link removed] . I was on the list for over 6 months also so i wouldnt worry! Have you been officially approved yet? I never really was told i was approved which was strange...just got a call one day to show up for viewings and that was it!
I only applied to fingal county council...so yeh blanch was the only place i was offered, but im sure i wouldve been offered more places if id refused it. I accepted as the apartment and the estate were really nice! The process is sooo hard to get your head around i know, even now im still not 100% sure how the whole thing works..the county councils are a law onto themselves!

Hi swordshead,
Its very strange how you were never told you were approved. I got a letter posted to me with a cert of approval in principal.

Hi swordshead,
Its very strange how you were never told you were approved. I got a letter posted to me with a cert of approval in principal.
Yeh ..i got one way after id picked out the apartment just not before, thats why the call was so unexpected..i presumed id be approved then get called..

yeah it is strange, love to know how they work in there. wonder if you work for fingal do you get put straight to the top of the list. I'm from swords too, what part are you from?

yeah i seen those in celbridge, i know a few people who have bought them. they look very big. ideally i think i would rather a house. just wonder sometimes is the afforable housing the way to go or try but a cheaper house yourself (which i know i hard to do these days)

My first offer on the affordable housing was a house, i felt the same way should i buy down the country or should i stick it out and see what happens. Glad i stuck it out i got what i wanted and within a year and on the plus side my mortgage is hardly anything and i'm close enough to my family.

Most of the properties offered in Erris Square were part of the Affordable Housing Initiative, and it seems the demand for AHI is less than for the AH scheme. Therefore they don't seem to work off a list as such. As part of the AHI, they invited applicants to apply for properties in Santry, Ongar and Blanch. It didn't matter if you had applied before or not, although I think people who had registered previously for AHI were offered properties first!
When I got my house in Phibblestown, I queued up all night and I'd never been approved by Fingal previously either! As many people have mentioned, there doesn't seem to be one process and the great idea of bringing the AHP in to govern it all doesn't seem to have the process any more consistent :(

Dub0605 start getting all your documents together now I made the mistake of waiting til I'd been saving almost 3 months before I got started and the Hpl1 form in particular took ages to come back even though it only needed to be stamped I think I was told there was a 6 to 8 week wait in the revenue commisioners to get these forms back, it was very frustrating having to wait like that when I'd everything else ready to go.

Dub0605 start getting all your documents together now I made the mistake of waiting til I'd been saving almost 3 months before I got started and the Hpl1 form in particular took ages to come back even though it only needed to be stamped I think I was told there was a 6 to 8 week wait in the revenue commisioners to get these forms back, it was very frustrating having to wait like that when I'd everything else ready to go.
If you go and queue in the revenue offices (just off oconnell street) theyll stamp it for you there and then!

Back