Advice

kennyb3

Im sure this has been done to death in a way but i guess im looking for some specific advice. So here goes:

1. I currently have €10k in a 21 Day Notice Investment Account with PTSB, however with the fall in interest rates it is now only earning 2.50% AER.

Im looking at the new 100 Day fixed Term with PTSB (4.06% AER).

I would be prepared to tie up the money for 6 months but not a year. What would you invest in if the money was yours? is there a more attractive option? which institution is best for this type of lump sum? pref. under a year

2. I also have a further 5k in a BOI special bonus saver account. I rang this morning and was horrified to learn this was only earning 1% as per someone in the branch

I dont want access to this so a 7/21 day account would prob be longest id want.

Any advice re this 5k?

3. Also on another note: I see in other threads the anglo 7.3% regular saver is mentioned, but this has a minimum of ECB (which am i right in saying is only 0.5% ?) plus 2%. so would this only be 2.5% AER and not 7.3% really.

Thanks in advance for your help. I want to put this money to goiod work as im looking at moving out in sept and getting a mortgage 6 months to a year down the line. All extra money will help.

thanks again

Advice appreciated

Could someone please help me with part 3 in particular. cant figure out how 7.3% is advertised yet i make it only 2.5%. have read a few threads tried to find an explanation but could not

Could someone please help me with part 3 in particular. cant figure out how 7.3% is advertised yet i make it only 2.5%. have read a few threads tried to find an explanation but could not

On point 3: ECB + 2% is the minimum interest rate and its variable. Currently the rate is 7.3%. Interest is calculated daily, hence you earn 7.3% while its at that rate......if they were to drop it to your 2.5% then you would get 2.5% (and alot of accounts being closed!)

Hope this helps

On point 1: the best 6month term is Investec. They have a 6month fixed term deposit at 5.58%, see here for details

On point 2: Halifax have a flexi saver which may be what you want, 3.5% interest and no restrictions on access to funds, see [broken link removed]

HTH

[FONT=&quot]Please the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be closed.

Brendan
Administrator [/FONT]

Lump all of your money together 10k+5k and stick in the Investec for 6 months. I deposited money @6.4% with Investec before christmas. FBD work on their behalf and are very good to deal with. thats my opinion.

Back