Advice needed on arrears with joint mortgage with my ex partner.

sean_fyn

Hi just looking for any advise for my situation. Case is ex and myself took out a mortgage on an inherited house for 200k which is now on a tracker. Both our names are on the mortgage however only her name is on the deeds of the property. When I moved out she agreed to take over full payments of mortgage. However the mortgage has gone into arrears. The property is not in negative equity presently. She is not willing to sell the property and it is doubtful that she would be in a position to get a mortgage on her own. So therefore the bank will not allow my name off the mortgage.

Do I have an other options legally open to me to force the sale of the house or any incentive for the bank to release my name from the mortgage?

Thanks

How did this happen, your name not on the deeds.

And she's some tulip not willing to sell the house, which is in positive equity but not pay her mortgage.

Have you assets or a good job? Your best bet is to contact bank and get them to force her to sell. What on earth is she playing at, ruining your credit history.

Can you tell us house value, mortgage repayment amount, arrears and interest rate.

You do not want it to run into NE by her not paying the mortgage, and also risk the bank piling on interest rate penalites and legal costs.

How did this happen, your name not on the deeds.

And she's some tulip not willing to sell the house, which is in positive equity but not pay her mortgage.

Have you assets or a good job? Your best bet is to contact bank and get them to force her to sell. What on earth is she playing at, ruining your credit history.

Can you tell us house value, mortgage repayment amount, arrears and interest rate.

You do not want it to run into NE by her not paying the mortgage, and also risk the bank piling on interest rate penalites and legal costs.

The whole situation with my name not going onto the deeds was because it was inherited by her and complicated at the time.

I would be in a more attractive job to the bank would be anyway. I've been in touch several times with UB regarding the situation and they have been helpful in fairness. The arrears is running at around 20k now, which they are proposing to recapitalise if she makes regular on time payments for 6 months. I would have to get the current interest rate checked but it is on a tracker. The value would currently be around 230k at a rough estimate. Original mortgage 200k.

Back