Adding REIT's to investment portfolio ?

alpina

Hi, am looking for any feedback on above, understand the basics but any information/opinions would be appreciated
(Real Estate Investment Trust)
Has anyone taken one out and if so, with which company(s).
Looking at setting up a self directed pension plan and reckon these along with some ETF's (again property and others) particular shares/funds ISEQ FTSE and cash may be the way to go.

One of the top performing ETFs in Europe in the past 12 months as been an ETF based on European commercial property. I can;t mention the name but it's based on the EPRA index and it would give you exposure to the property market.

Cheers Pubman, yes have been looking at Both of them
wondering if the new one will follow suit.

Thanks again....

I have own european property funds for quite some time in my portfolio, you will be fine as long as you dont expect the returns similar to those obtained in the last few years, these funds are late in the cycle, 40-50 percent return in one yearis not normal for these funds, so i have stopped adding money to them for couple of months now, even tempted to scale down a little after seeing everyone coming out with REIT funds.
Theres still a lot of money coming into the funds, so party might last a little longer.
REITs outperform equity funds by couple of percentage points over a long term.

Hi, am looking for any feedback on above, understand the basics but any information/opinions would be appreciated
(Real Estate Investment Trust)
Has anyone taken one out and if so, with which company(s).
Looking at setting up a self directed pension plan and reckon these along with some ETF's (again property and others) particular shares/funds ISEQ FTSE and cash may be the way to go.

Thanks Zac, albeit may have missed the boat.

Cheers...

not necessarily if you have longer time horizon, as in years rather than months.

REITs by ralph block is a good book if you are interested.

hi..there a few good ones worth looking at in the UK...you should be able to buy into these at the moment at better value due to the dip in the markets...will send you a private message with names of two good ones..

If I was starting a portfolio I would start with REIT funds or property funds, rather than individual REIts

Back