Acountants fees

• Thread starter nuagael@veri
  • Start date
If you don't know what you are talking about then is there not a risk that you may well be misleading other posters by making judgemental comments, for example: "you could fill this in yourself and save a bit of money. It looks easy enough. Most of it is probably irrelevant."

I was simply refering to the TR1 form. I also posted a link to it so that people could make their own minds up.

[broken link removed]

Some people might even say that this is trolling.

And some people might class that as a judgemental comment.

What's involved in a tax return?
Nothing at all - they are easy. :rolleyes: Feel free to fill them in yourself. Tax advisors probably make more from fixing incorrect returns than submitting correct ones!

(Which I would have thought just entailed posting it to them with maybe a follow up phone call)

If only... Sometimes i wonder how many back of the desks there are in the Revenue for forms fall down.

As for the original question - it depends on the circumstances surrounding the taxpayers situation as to whether or not the fee is good value. If you think it is bad value then ask around for other quotes.

I did not ask if the 600 quoted included VAT it was their MINIMUM fee.

Technically, if you are not registered for VAT, the price that you are quoted should be inclusive of VAT. I believe that businesses are only allowed toquote ex vat prices when it is clear that the person to whom they are quoting, is also vat registered.

Nothing at all - they are easy. :rolleyes:
I bet in this case it is. How complicated could it realistically be? - the OP describes it as a 'simple rental account'

Feel free to fill them in yourself. Tax advisors probably make more from fixing incorrect returns than submitting correct ones!

I have filled in my own tax returns myself. Then again, they are simple returns, as my own affairs aren't that complicated.

Simple returns can indeed be filled in by people who know what to do.

Complicated returns can also be filled in by people who know what they are doing.

I suppose the bottom line is, if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it!

Back