A small high risk investment

Killter

Anybody any ideas where I put 5k or so into a long term high risk investment....anything considered as Ive cash sitting in a current account earning nothing.

looking for high to very high risk investment.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It's an odd question. But as you have asked it, I think that your current account is probably the highest risk investment there is. It will be slowly and surely wiped out by inflation.

But why not just give it to charity if you don't want it?

Brendan

"Think of it as an investment on your soul"

oh man I could do with that!

However, I seem to be misunderstood.....I do in fact want it...was just wondering where I could put some cash and make it work harder, as opposed to letting it dwindle away in a current account.

cheers

Check the Savings links in the post linked beneath for the best places to deposit your money;

How about a punt on some Commodities? There are loads of ETFs tracking them (DBC to name one) and you can be sure it will be a bumpy ride !!

Would the controversial Eddie Hobbs associated Brendan Investments qualify as such a punt ? I thought of that as soon as I saw the words 'long term', 'high risk' and '5k'

It's an odd question. But as you have asked it, I think that your current account is probably the highest risk investment there is. It will be slowly and surely wiped out by inflation.

Eh? where's the risk in that?

Surely a risky investment is one where you don't know what's going to happen? It could be spectacularly successful, or it could be a complete wipeout: hence the risk.

Leaving it where it is, where you know exactly what's going to happen (it'll dwindle away as you point out) has to be the least risky "investment" there is.

for high risk thrills and spills trade options on us market is high risk with the potential for large losses and gains with low trading costs.

Back