a Lisbon question before i decide

The Yes side campaign seems to be a smear campaign against No supporters i.e. Ganley et al. You have to ask the question as to why they are concentrating on a smear campaign rather than advocating the treaty itself? Ganley's background, whether or not he is funded by whoever etc. are of no relevance to the Constitutional decision we are making.

Then why isn't he open about where his funding comes from? After all, e expect the rest of our politicians to do so. If you have nothing to hide, be open about it

the same comments could be made about the No campaign, why are they concentrating on a smear campaign and misleading statements rather then explaining truthfully why we shouldn't vote yes

Then why isn't he open about where his funding comes from? After all, e expect the rest of our politicians to do so. If you have nothing to hide, be open about it

Who cares? It's totally irrelevent to the Lisbon vote. As we've seen from the tribunals, a lot of our politicians receive donations from undisclosed sources.

I agree. There are a lot of crackpots on the No side. While they were on the winning side in the last vote, I think that the No side won in spite of them not because of them. People did not vote No for any of the crackpot reasons these groups put forward and most people who vote No tomorrow wont do so because of these crackpots.

But major politicial figures in elected positions should be arguing on the merits of the issue, not engaging in a slagging match.

So, many of the UK press, mainly Murdock papers, have stories in Friday's papers saying Blair will be the first EU "president" within weeks of any Irish Yes vote. Of course, with the Czech parliament dragging its heals on ratifying the treaty for a while yet nothing anyway. A last attempt by certain elements of the UK establishment to influence an Irish vote no doubt, but one which would certainly sway some people.

Who cares? It's totally irrelevent to the Lisbon vote. As we've seen from the tribunals, a lot of our politicians receive donations from undisclosed sources.
Wrong tense. You should be using the past tense ("recieved") not the present tense.

Donations to politicians are tightly controlled and disclosed today.

Back