A few random q's on ETF's

F

fbrf

Hey,

Ive been thinking of constructing an all ETF portfolio for some time for a now and have a few questions if anyone can answer them…..

1) Assuming the fund is euro denominated and in euro currency does it matter where you buy from (e.g. ishares, db xtrackers, lyxor) ?from a currency risk, safety, tax point of view

2) Anyone used a financial advisor/accountant (or other) for advice on putting together a portfolio construction ?

3) Should I really only opt for a broker who provides a CREST account?

4) Broker wise, should I opt for foreign or domestic? I’m planning on being a passive investor, 3 or 4 investments per year max ?

5) Where could I find the most current/official info on taxation re: ETFs, revenue.ie was less the helpful. An official document perhaps?

Has anyone bit the bullet and had an accountant go though all the details with them.

Any help would be great,

Cheers!

There are a number of international publications on ETFs. They are a far better way of investing than the normal Investment funds. IMO you are best using the services of a stockbroker in Ireland as most other brokers here are based on Commission sales. My stockbrokers have a useful guide on ETFs, the taxation of same etc. It's your own call as to how you set the thing up and as to how you administer them.

I have quite a few ETFs and they are a far better way in investing especially if you would / wish to invest in something a little different.

PM me if you want contact names and details. BTW I am not a broker, but simply an Investor that has been clearly ripped off in the traditional way of selling Investments Irish style.

OP, the guide as requested has been sent to you by e-mail

Back