Key Post A DIY bankruptcy guide - contributors wanted!

I guess it is, same name and townland. In the article it's mentioned that someone else, whose property sale to Codd fell though took the bankruptcy application which was agreed in March last year, and this court case is not a bankruptcy application, but instead is a hearing about what assets Codd has. Not sure how that works though. Also I wonder about the fact it mentions the newspaper requirement being crossed out, but surely that would have to have been completed in March last year, not now.

I suppose it could possibly be a local relative with the same name, unlikely but not impossible. At least we can now get some clarity on how many cases are moving through the system.
I intend moving my own case on now, I've had some other issues to deal with lately but this is now my priority.

I intend moving my own case on now, .

Ok I'll be watching for your name in lights :) On a serious note, can you document on here all the steps you're taking, it will be of help to others.

Ok I'll be watching for your name in lights :) On a serious note, can you document on here all the steps you're taking, it will be of help to others.

I'll be documenting the journey here and also on my blog [broken link removed]

The name in lights will be better than paying a fortune for having it in the newspaper! ;)

Guidelines issued regarding how to fill in forms for bankruptcy:
[broken link removed]

Haven't had a chance to read them fully but they look pretty detailed.

Following a recent ruling it is now a requirement to have a letter from a registered PIP stating that you are not suitable for a PIA/DSA.
The examiners office will not accept your petition otherwise.

What ruling Pat2?

I was thinking about you yesterday, as you had problems filling out the forms for bankruptcy, and I found the 'how to' document yesterday on the ISI website, I linked to it in one of my posts, couldn't find this thread.

[broken link removed]

Using the comprehensive notes above I was able to prepare all the documents for the bankruptcy myself. There's a few hours work in it but the guidance notes are really detailed.
Firstly get the above guide printed out, I found it much easier to have the notes beside me as I did it.
Next thing to do is download all the forms needed from here, 5 in total: [broken link removed]

Save them into a bankruptcy folder and open them with Microsoft word. You will use Word to edit the forms relevant to your circumstances based on the information on the guidance notes. Basically you are adding in your name and address and deleting sections that don't apply to you. The 5 forms cover all bankruptcy scenarios so you just need to delete the sections that don't apply to you. There is a sample application at the rear of the notes based on a standard application, these sample notes will apply to people who are applying to have themselves adjudicated bankrupt and do not have involvement in bankruptcy proceedings elsewhere.
No 13 and 23 are the main forms at the moment and the others will be just partially completed till after you have been adjudicated.
The details in the guide are slightly sketchy for form 15. You need to delete a huge amount of the form. A little tricky part is where it says "[FONT=&quot]in accordance with section *14(2) *15(2) of the Bankruptcy Act 1988 the nature and value of the assets"[/FONT]. If you are apllying to declare yourself bankrupt you need to delete "*14(2)"

Once you feel the forms are right for your circumstances, email the forms in draft format to the Examiners office for checking. They will let you know if everything is ok and you can then get them stamped and sworn. I found them very freindly in the Examiners Office and they seemed glad to help.

As I said there's a few hours work in it and I'll put up much more detailed description of each form on my blog [broken link removed] when I have a chance. Feel free to ask any questions.

What ruling Pat2?

I was thinking about you yesterday, as you had problems filling out the forms for bankruptcy, and I found the 'how to' document yesterday on the ISI website, I linked to it in one of my posts, couldn't find this thread.

I can't find exact details of the ruling but I was told Justice McGovern made a Practice Ruling(think this is the right terminology) on the 10th of March that all applications must include a letter from a PIP stating that bankruptcy is the only option.
I think the idea is that it will speed up the process of him adjudicating people bankrupt rather than postponing proceedings to see if a PIA/DSA is more suitable.

Is it the same how to notes I linked to above? I found them really helpful and got the documents drafted in a day. It seems like it will be an easy enough process for people to do themselves bar the contact with the PIP. My application has been on the back burner lately, I'd a few more pressing issues.

Back