A bit of a do?: entitled to income support cause i am already on incapacity benefit

M

Moony

Hi all newbie here!

we have a problem with benefits, i am disabled, with a spinal condition and my partner is pregnant and due in feb. Now according to the job centre we arent entitled to income support cause i am already on the higher rate of incapacity benefit and according to the benefits office we are not entitled to anything else but the £92.80 per week to live on, is this true or are there benefits we do not know about?

thanx

Simon

Re: A bit of a do?

Hi

I note you say £92.80 - just to let you know this is an Irish site with predominantly Irish posters - if you are UK based, you may not get an answer quite so easily.

But you never know...

Re: A bit of a do?

Mooney, are you receiving Council Tax payment plus rent/mortgage allowance? if you are receiving higher Incapacity benefit you might well be above the limit to claim for another person. This payment is being changed for new claimants from 2008 to be called Employment and Support Allowance. look at www.DWP.GOV.UK and look up Incapacity Benefit.When the baby is born you can put in another claim.

Back