$40,000 to invest

election0

I have about $40,000 to invest but have no idea where to invest it . I would appreciate any advice .

It's hard to answer without a bit more information.

Do you have any debts at all? Do you have a property with a mortgage? Where is your money sitting now? What age are you - do you have a pension?

No debts whtsoever I do not even hold a credit card . No pension either .
I am age 46 married with 5 children .

:confused: You mention here that you have US$ savings that you say you don't want to convert to Euros. Are you resident/working in Ireland?

You'll have to give a little bit more detail to get meaningful advice, and you might be better off posting in the Money Makeover section. With five kids to provide for, you should probably be looking at low-risk investment options. Do you have any life insurance?

I agree that you should probably post in the Money Makeover section.

There will be some other questions also...
- what are your longer term goals? Do you wish to buy a house at some stage? Do you want a pension - or have you got a retirment plan?
- have you got a secure job? What industry are you in?
- as DrMoriarty suggests, can you elaborate on your personal circumstances regarding your situation in Ireland?

I will take your advice and post in money makeover section but just to answer your questions I am unemployed at the moment . I am a full Irish citizen my wife is American .
I have the money in a dollar account with anglo but only making 3% interest which does not seem a good return but perhaps I am wrong in this ?
I am quite naive about investing etc but just want to get best value for this savings .
I do not need the money for anything immediate and do not foresee a need to touch it for at least a year .

I have no plans to buy a house .

Back