30th birthday present ideas

Dunners

am desperately scratching my head to come up with a really good present for my boyfriend's 30th birthday - seeing as it's a milestone, I'd like to get him something memorable. he doesn't drive, so anything to do with cars is out.. he likes gadgets, but I've already saturated that side of things over the past few years of christmas & birthday presents... he's getting a holiday voucher from his family and he doesn't need a watch / clothes / house stuff....

help! All ideas welcome :)

City weekend break.
Last year was my 40th and the mot treated us to a weekend in Barcelona.

The brother-in-law is 50 later this year and he and the sister are over there today.

That hot air balloon ride was great, Mrs Bear got us a trip. It was a windy enough day and took about 2 hours to unpack and fill the balloon, everyone is required to help out. There was about 12 of us stuffed into the basket but it was a great flight, the landing was a bit bumpy and again more work and a bit of a trip back to the take off spot, but a very novel pressie

Parachute jump is quite popular, we see a lot of people in the Irish Parachute Club who get this paid for as a 30th/40th/50th birthday present. I noticed pigsback had a promotion last week for father's day for a company who do "memorable days out", they organise things like clay pigeon shooting, hot air balloning, parachuting etc.

Get him a flying lesson - you can normally get a 1/2 hour or 1 hour voucher. In addition, If you want, you can go along with him.

Bad idea- you might be starting an extremely expensive habit, and then he'll have no money left for expensive presents for you...;)

Does he have all of the following ;

iPod
Digital Camera
Digital Camcorder
Laptop
PDA
SmartPhone
DVD Recorder
Pool Table

I know I'd like any of these

yeah, he has most of those, or can access through work... as I said before, he's just so difficult to buy for!!! and Vanilla, I might rethink the flying lessons then - my birthday will be coming up later this year and need to make sure he's got the dosh to get me something lovely... ;)

Maybe a painting? Or a print? ("We Frame It" on dawson st. always has framed prints worth taking a look at)

Was suggested to me before for someone else but have you tried gliding. The dublin gliding club offer a flight and days membership for 100. It's something that I've always wanted to do - more so than flying - and it's eco friendly to boot.

Here's the url [broken link removed]

Got hubbie a day out doing 4x4 off road driving, followed by clay pidgeon shooting.[broken link removed]. He thought is was brilliant. HTH

How about getting him a small pressie and giving money to a charity such as bothar or concern for a few pigs or a goat in Africa, or other such worthy charity.

Back