24k to invest

I

Istebraq

Hi

I had 2 accounts with different banks for the last year, whereby I was putting 1k into each bank account. This is now coming to a close.

I was wondeing does anyone know where i could put in the 24k and also avail of a good interest rate and still put in 1-2k per month ?

thanks in advance

Iste

Do you want an on demand account are can you put into into a term deposit?

If you want on demand, then I suggest putting 24,000 EUR into the below account.

[broken link removed] (Discuss)
3.30% on €2,000 minimum to €2,000,000 maximum.
Note 1: Instant access.
Note 2: NB: Interest is reduced if more than 6 withdrawals are made a year (Apr-Mar).
Deposit Protection: UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme

and 1,000 EUR per month into ...

Permanent TSB: 21 Day Regular Saver
4.00% up to €50,000.99 until April 5th 2010.
3.75% up to €50,000.99 from April 6th 2010.
Note 1: Maximum €1,000 per month, to a total of €50,000.99.
Note 2: 21 days notice required for withdrawals.
Note 3: If less than 21 days notice is given, an interest charge of 0.016% applies per day of notice not given.
Note 4: Information on the new PTSB rates are here.

If you can lock for a year, then I suggest putting 24,000 EUR into the below account.

1 Year 3.60% ** Best 1 year rate **
Note 1: €20,000 minimum
Note 2: Investec fall under the UK deposit protection scheme which currently guarantees up to 50,000 GBP.
Note 3: If you do not inform Investec prior to maturity date where you want to money wired to, Investec place the lump sum in a one month notice account.
Note 4: Investec now have 2 different 1 year term deposit products with different rates. The above listed is their 'Investec Bank online 12 month fixed account'.

and the 1,000 EUR per month into the below account ...

EBS Family Savings Account
4.00% for year 1 only.
3.00% currently for year 2.
Note 1: Regular lodgements required by direct debit only.
Note 2: Minimum term one year.
Note 3: Minimum €100 a month; Maximum €1,000.
Note 4: Interest rate is fixed for year one. This has been referred to as a "regular saver term deposit".
Note 5: NB: "Prevailing" rate in year two. You can make a maximum of two withdrawals a year, one at any time and another at the end of the term.
Note 6: You can make best return from this account by withdrawing all money on the 1st anniversary "at the end of the term".
Note 7: The monthly amount can only be changed by written request.

Back