21st birthday twins....

Cornie

Hi there,

My hubby and I have been invited to our good friends twin daughters 21st. We would also be friendly with the girls themselves... Just wondering what would be acceptable to give as a present.

As with most people money is very tight at the moment, but we would really like to go...

Thanks in advance

I am really not having a go at you, you are genuinely trying to do the right thing, but
I am increasingly flabbergasted but how often people feel a need to ask how much they have to spend on a present. I do understand that it hurts not be able to
afford a present when you would like to buy one, but don't get too caught up about it. I bet you are not the only ones in the same boat.

They are your friends, they want you to go to the party because they like you,
it is not about how much you can afford to give them.

I think you know this in your heart.

If all you can afford is a small token gift, then buy that and go to the party
and enjoy yourselves. Life is about more than presents.

21 year old like CDs, iTunes tokens, book tokens, make-up, lots of stuff.

If you can't afford a present at all, please don't let that stop you going to the party.
Celebrations are about having the people you care about around you.
Can you imagine how upset your friends would be if they heard that you didn't
go to the party because you couldn't afford a present. I would be gutted if that
happened me at my party.
It should be the motto of all parties - people not presents. !

Thanks for that... I know you are right...

I will be buying a token present, just need to come up with a nice idea. Definately won't be able to put cash in a card for this one, especially as there are 2 cards involved!

We just haven't been invited to a 21st in so long!

How about getting them a lovely Newbridge silver frame each? I think they are about 30 euro. All 21 year old girls love taking pictures of themselves and their friends and framing them! It is a lovely gift to get that they can use for years to come. They are plain enough to appeal to all tastes.

Enjoy the party!

It's also worth pointing out that when I turned 21, every single present I got, even from my closest friends and family would be termed a " token" present today, and I'm not
that old.

An excellent idea from legallady, but if the budget doesn't quite stretch to Newbridge, then there are some beautiful glass frames in assorted sizes in Paperchase in Arnotts. I picked up a beautiful one with a black floral design there for just €12.

I always thought the was a joke... do people really put €21 in a card. Could definately stretch to that, just thought it would be daft!

Needless to say I haven't been to many 21st's and I didn't have one myself all those years ago!

What about a funky T-Shirt. No affiliation with these guys but I absolutely love their stuff and its got me out of many a present dilemma, plus their turnaround time is fab. log on and have a look and its all Irish.

www.hairybaby.com

21 euro is more than enough... and here is a novel idea, people will probably laugh at me but here goes..

As a mother of twins myself I was flabbergasted at how astonished other people are when you tell them you are having twins... so if you know the family that long put in a note with it, about your reaction if you can remember it, when you were 1st told they were on the way!! (also a nice idea for a sinleton baby but i think people have stronger reactions to twins) , i am sure it is something they would treasure (unless you reacted badly to the news of course;-0

I will tell you now, I am not that far gone past 21, well a bit but have a few friends down at that end of the scale and what we do when asked to those things and what everybody else in general does is put money in an envelope, seriously, that is what they want, then they can buy whatever it is themselves, 18th, 21st, all the same. We were asked to twin boys 21st there a year ago, we just popped €50 in an envelope addressed to them both. They were most grateful. Its more than enough.

Back