2 questions about financial regulation for QFAs

Orga

I hope this is the correct forum as I searched but couldn't find anywhere better:

I came across these two questions on a quiz recently - can anyone hazard the correct answers?

1.With which body does the Central Bank share the regulation of financial services providers in relation to not engaging in misleading or aggressive commercial practices?

The answer given was the NCA, any thoughts about FSO as an answer?

2.Which of the following statements in respect of auditors' reporting obligations are CORRECT?

(i) An auditor must report to the Registrar of Companies where they have formed an opinion that a company is failing to keep proper books of accounts.

(ii) The most common indictable offences reported by auditors to the Director of Corporate Enforcement relate to the non or late filing of company annual returns.

(iii) An auditor who makes a report to the Director of Corporate Enforcement is specifically exempted in legislation from any liability in connection with making such a report.

i, ii and iii were given as the correct answer, any thoughts about iii being included as it is technically not correct in my view e.g. if the report is outside the scope of that provided for where exemption from liability may apply.

Back