2 months waiting for BMW service.

Took the missus around 2 months to get clutch and slave cylinder replaced in the Outlander diesel.

This is Carlow area, mechanics are absolutely flat out, more and more people keeping their cars longer these days which is a good thing because new cars depreciate heavily especially electric ( ask me how I know that lol )

Keeping cars longer means more maintenance but it's still a lot cheaper than buying new cars, there's plenty of perfectly good 10-15 year old cars on the road, if people take care of them they will last 20+ years, my Aunts 2000 1.0L Yaris is still going good and has never given any issue. No electronics and technology is the best thing ever, cars now are full of tech and computers but there are still simple cars out there and the more people buy them the more manufacturers will sell more basic cars, I find all the tech, infotainment highly distracting especially when it comes to doing simple things like adjusting climate settings, having to do this through touch screen and menus is ridiculous. Which is why my next car will have manual climate, manual gearbox, won't be electric car ( depreciation is massive ) and will be good O'l Petrol and as little tech as possible.

Back