16th Party - Where would you reccommend?

R

r2d2

Hi All,

One of my daughters is 16 next month and wants to have a party somewhere other than our house. I've spoken to the manager of my local re; their upstairs function room but he said they'd never held a 16th party there and he'd be reluctant as there's nothing stopping the 'underage' guests going into any of the main bar areas.

Has anyone been here before that could give me some advice on their experience, has anybody any suggestions of a likely venue, preferably one with a bar for the adults and a strict serving ethos re; the underage kids.

I have a band and a DJ all ready but just can't come up with a suitable venue....HELP ??

Thanks,

r2d2

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a parish hall/community centre you could hire out?

You can do a lot with plain white fairy lights, crepe paper, balloons etc., to decorate.

You could buy in wine/beer and have adults supervise the bar.

I warn you now however, there's every chance that the other children will bring in their own booze & hide it in the loos/outside/where ever; be prepared.

I wouldn't call an 18+ year old a kid myself. Just curious about the bits of the original post that I quoted.

thunder road would suit all. bring ear plugs mind you if you are getting old and grumpy like me. :d

captain americas could be a runner too - noisy and virgin cocktails ? mightn't be cool enough for 16 year olds now though.

Hi All,

One of my daughters is 16 next month and wants to have a party somewhere other than our house. I've spoken to the manager of my local re; their upstairs function room but he said they'd never held a 16th party there and he'd be reluctant as there's nothing stopping the 'underage' guests going into any of the main bar areas.

Has anyone been here before that could give me some advice on their experience, has anybody any suggestions of a likely venue, preferably one with a bar for the adults and a strict serving ethos re; the underage kids.

I have a band and a DJ all ready but just can't come up with a suitable venue....HELP ??

Thanks,

r2d2
What about a local gaa club

captain americas could be a runner too - noisy and virgin cocktails ? mightn't be cool enough for 16 year olds now though.

It needs to be a place where we can bring our own band to play though!

There's a great show :rolleyes: on MTV called my Super 16 (or something like that) where you can get great ideas.

Super Sweet 16 it is hilarious they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on the parties and get bmw's and mercedes as their car! Crazy.
r2d2 not sure what part of the country your in but check out http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/teen-parties for teen party ideas? might have somewhere listed there

i feel like an oul'fella saying this but ffs a big deal being made of a 16th party? is this not solely down to that stupid mtv programme? i can understand 18th and 21st but 16? what's the point? what is different about being 16 or what can you do at 16 that needs a big public celebration? i know i'm veering into Letting off Steam territory but I just don't understand this. It also sets such a precedent for the 18/21 parties later on presumably they have to be bigger and better than the 16th? what's next?
anyway hope your kid has a good one whatever you decide, i'm off to get my pipe and slippers

There's a great show :rolleyes: on MTV called my Super 16 (or something like that) where you can get great ideas.

That's a crazy programme....For the laugh I suggested having it in the Four Seasons Hotel and also asked her what colour she wanted her Porsche Cayman in.......And just for a split second she believed me....

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel like an oul'fella saying this but ffs a big deal being made of a 16th party? is this not solely down to that stupid mtv programme? i can understand 18th and 21st but 16? what's the point? what is different about being 16 or what can you do at 16 that needs a big public celebration? i know i'm veering into Letting off Steam territory but I just don't understand this. It also sets such a precedent for the 18/21 parties later on presumably they have to be bigger and better than the 16th? what's next?
anyway hope your kid has a good one whatever you decide, i'm off to get my pipe and slippers

Yep, I'm almost with you on this one but she's a great kid, the band and DJ will be free (friends of hers and mine) and she feels it's a milestone I guess.....She has been given a choice, a 16th/21st or an 18th/21st.....She chose the former !

Back