123.ie

I recently got a home insurance renewal from 123.ie for €187.

Ignored the renewal notice and let them ring me. When they rang me told them that I was shopping around and that I'd contact them if I wanted to renew.. 1 week later got another phone call about renewal, told them I still hadn't decided and they instantly dropped their price to €131. 30% price drop just for delaying..

Correct.

It seems all house insurance from 123.ie is via Zurich. So at renewal time you are still with Zurich and no effort is made by the broker to get you a better deal from a different insurer.

Hi, I have my buildings and contents cover through 123.ie and the insurance company is Eagle Star.

On a side not, my insurance is coming up for renewal in a few months and have been looking around several insurers and still getting best quote from 123.ie, in fact, 50+ euro cheaper than the nearest competitor.

I have three policies with Tesco Hibernian for cars and house and contents.If you have 2 policies you get 5% discount and 3 policies 10%. M y car insurance ,fully comp is only 412 euros down nearly 200 euros on my previous insurer! Shop around!

I reduced my house contents by half, by changing to 123.ie last year.

Got a letter from them, last week, to advise that my insurance is due for renewal soon. Got a phone call today asking if I wanted to renew and the price dropped by 80 euros, they told me I could pay by laser or credit card, but this deal could only be done by end of business today, which didn't suit me at such short notice.

Is this telephone bargaining normal practice? or is 123.ie just the 'bargain basement' of insurance policies? Or if I call on Monday, will I get the same deal?

I note that no other posters in this thread gave any info about claims they made or how easy to deal with 123 in a claim situation. Must say I am a bit suspicious of the low prices....

In a claims situation 123 have no role whatsoever, you have to deal with the insurer directly.

Back