10th wedding anniversary

Feardorcha

Hi, was wondering could anyone out there give me some ideas on a gift for my wife to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary,possibly something with the date on it,looking for something different than crystal etc,thanks

What about a nice silver photo frame which can be inscribed. Put your 10th anniversary pic in it.
Happy anniversary to you both.

Mate - I'm shadowing you on this one ;). Our 10th is about 3 weeks away and I haven't a rashers what to get her. Nor for her to get me.

According to a site that Google directed me to the traditional gift involves tin or aluminium, while a modern gift involves diamond jewellery. I don't care if it makes me sound tight-fisted, but the diamond jewellery idea has been done to death over the past 15 years so I'd prefer to come up with something more original.

I'd prefer to come up with something more original.

or for someone here to think up something "original"

photo album with photos from the happy memories from the last 10 years?
Takes a good bit of effort and she'll know that

I like the idea of a photo album, you could do up a really nice one with little messages beside each photo. Also you could make up a CD with the no. 1 songs on the date of ur anniversary from the last ten years. I would appreciate that more than a necklace but sure you could throw one in for her as well!!!!!!!

a diamond one would do the trick, put it in the last page of the photo album. Talk about brownie points

My uncle arranged a meal at the hotel where they had their wedding reception with the same menu. It was for a 25th anniversary so maybe more nostaligia involved but I thought it was a nice idea

TarfHead-dont know about you but im brutal at thinking of what to get for any occasion,never mind this one. my better half has got me something weeks ago & even offered to give me tips on what to get her but i would rather surprise her,she not a big fan of jewellery,thats why im a bit stumped. Everybody else thanks for the help & keep em coming if possible

Hi, was wondering could anyone out there give me some ideas on a gift for my wife to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary,possibly something with the date on it,looking for something different than crystal etc,thanks

How about you get the front page (or any page) from the local newspaper on
the day you were married and get it framed.

what about a city-break in Europe? We were going to go back to where we honeymooned but the flights weren't working out so we picked another destination. For my parents' 40th we booked flights and hotel. Took them out to dinner and presented them with a giftbox. There was a guidebook in it, and when they dug in further they found the flight & hotel vouchers.....they were delighted

what about a city-break in Europe? We were going to go back to where we honeymooned but the flights weren't working out so we picked another destination. For my parents' 40th we booked flights and hotel. Took them out to dinner and presented them with a giftbox. There was a guidebook in it, and when they dug in further they found the flight & hotel vouchers.....they were delighted
Thats a great idea thanks but it not really an option at the moment,im in the process of building a new house + have 2 kids starting in new school next thursday so no break of any kind for a while

Still along the photo lines - you could make up a "photobook" and get it printed.
There are loads of companies that do that online - shuterfly, blurb etc. I have done it a few times & it looks great. You can add your own captions, poems, dates and so on.

NickleIckle

How about an oil painting of your own favourite wedding photo or honeymoon?
If you want to pm me I can tell you where you can get these done.

How about a professional photo of both of you at home or in studio perhaps on canvas. 10 years is a good time to do it - while still have hair and not too many wrinkles.

Welcome to AAM zicobabe. I discounted that idea as my wife's no oil painting ;). Be aware that the thread you dragged up is six years old and that Rois hasn't posted for 18 months.

We just had our tenth anniversary there we planning a trip back to italy with our 4 kids where we had our honeymoon. What a 10 years with all the chalenges we had to face worst recession, lossing jobs and we came out the other side, so differently 10 years married and still together after all that is worth celebrating.

Back