10K saving Advice

I{U}Ireland

Hi All;

I am looking for a saving advice:

I have about 10k saving divided between Anglo Irish Regular Saving (about 5K), AIB Regular saving (2.5K), and AIB 7 days notice (2.5K)

Perhaps I would need to access about 2k soon

Regards

What you have is not bad (you don't say how much you are putting into the two regular savings accounts, or how long you've had them?)
You could get slightly higher interest than on the two AIB accounts, but on sums of €2,500/€5,000 the difference would not be huge.

The rates on the regular savings accounts are likely to drop soon, so keep an eye on them through the relevant Best Buy threads.
Also, the Anglo Irish Regular Saving rate (currently 7.3%) is only for the first year, so check when your 'anniversary' date comes around.

What you have is not bad (you don't say how much you are putting into the two regular savings accounts, or how long you've had them?)

in the AIB regular saving: I am putting 300 each month
in the Anglo Irish account I am putting betting 300 up to 800 I think my 'anniversary' date is in May

Personally I'd put more into the Anglo a/c and just the minimum into the AIB one. Then see what's available in May and reassess.

Personally I'd put more into the Anglo a/c and just the minimum into the AIB one. Then see what's available in May and reassess.

I agree with this, although the problem with changing the amount going into the AIB account is that they are DD and not SO... most DD cannot be changed online and require either letters or showing up in the branch. Hassle.

Personally I have FA and Anglo reg savers, both are SO and can be changed each month using my online banking (AIB) depending on how much extra I have to put into them each month - very handy. This also means that I can max out the Anglo(€1000) and whatever is left can go into FA.

SO are much more flexible than DD.

I agree with this, although the problem with changing the amount going into the AIB account is that they are DD and not SO... most DD cannot be changed online and require either letters or showing up in the branch. Hassle.

Personally I have FA and Anglo reg savers, both are SO and can be changed each month using my online banking (AIB) depending on how much extra I have to put into them each month - very handy. This also means that I can max out the Anglo(€1000) and whatever is left can go into FA.

SO are much more flexible than DD.

yes you are right about the SO and the DD

the DD for AIB go every 25th on each month... I can take the mony from the account any time

so if I took some mony from the AIB saver account after 25th and put it into Anglo account... I am not sure how this would affect the interest???(I
am not that good in math)

Back