1 day short for BTEA: will have only been on Jobseekers benefit for 311 days!

eefy

I've been accepted into college, I was told it would be starting the Monday September 3rd.
This is going to be a bit of a problem as I've calculated that by then I will have only been on Jobseekers benefit for 311 days, not the 312 days required!!!!
I signed on last year on Tuesday Sept 5th, I finished in the job the previous Friday which was Sept 1st.
Are they really strict? Is there a possibility they might overlook that 1 day?
and maybe calculate it from the day I actually finished work( the date on my P45).

Have you talked to the person in the local office whose dealing with your application? They would be the best to advise you as to your options

a phd student in limerick university is the expert in this field;
if you want his contact details then please send me a pm.

You don't say your age or if your just finished school & if it's 2nd or 3rd level college you are going to?
This should help. You must be in receipt of one of the following social welfare payments for at least 6 months (156 days) for Second Level Option (SLO) and 12 months (312 days) for Third Level Option
http://www.welfare.ie/foi/bte_all.html#7 Go to this link & select
Qualifying conditions. I hope you get to qualify, but if you are refused for the ONE day problem then you can appeal it straight away otherwise if you are refused again you can apply for VTOS. But I don't know wat age u are.. Good Luck

Again, rather that going to third party people like "expert" students, the only ones who can tell you for definite that you are one day short or not, are the Sw people who will decide the claims....contact the local office and ask them to confirm the situation.

Back