€360 for fully comp for 5 years no claims

janedoe06

i am due to renew my insurance for a car Fiat punto 1997 old enough car
with 5 years no claims and this is the quote with axa

is this reasonable or would i be better shopping around ??

you could do better (i assume female and you have passed the driving test)

It does seem pretty good but why not shop around just for peace of mind? Personally, with an older car I'd go 3rd Party, Fire and Theft but obviously that's up to yourself.

Comprehensive insurance for a 97 fiat punto the €360 premium is worth more than the car. Go for third party instead.

Seems like a lot.

Ive max no claims and mine was 350 on an 04 Honda Civic and they are apparently "loaded", or so an insurance company told me last year when it went up by 300 euro from previous car.

I would shop around. My best quotes were eagle star and sertus.

I paid €270 (last month) for fully comp me(30) and husband(33) for a 99 opel astra. No pen points for either of us and I've 6 years no claims. But I'm also on the last year of a Hibernian Ignition discount of 40%. Without that my renewal would be about €360 although I could have got €300 with RSA - maybe try them.
You haven't mentioned how old you are, if you're under 30 it could be a factor.

Last year i would have been 25 and had an 00 Focus 1.4. Would of been 5 years no claims. Fully comp was 250.

Do you have a full or prov license

Have you tried FBD? I have found them consistently cheaper than any other quotes I can get. Quinn Direct are also very competitive.

Back