€100k negative equity; need to move; can opt for redundancy

decision2013

Hi

I am living in my house remortgaged during boom for seperation and in circa €100K negative equity I have since remarried .The house I own is not ideal location wise and we need to move however with two small children a deposit is difficult to get .
However there is an opportunity for redundancy in my current job which would give me a more than adequate deposit .

I am not sure to take the risk of taking this for a deposit and make the move could rent out my own house or sell if allowed.

Has any one any advise on this should I take this opportunity while I can

Hi

I am living in my house remortgaged during boom for seperation and in circa €100K negative equity I have since remarried .The house I own is not ideal location wise and we need to move however with two small children a deposit is difficult to get .
However there is an opportunity for redundancy in my current job which would give me a more than adequate deposit .

I am not sure to take the risk of taking this for a deposit and make the move could rent out my own house or sell if allowed.

Has any one any advise on this should I take this opportunity while I can

Surely you're going about this the wrong way. What are your job prospects after taking redundancy? You could well be disallowed a number of weeks JSB if you volunteer for redundancy. There's no point having a deposit for a house if you're not going to be in a position to meet the mortgage payments through having no job.

I would imagine that this wouldn't be acceptable to the bank either - they would need to see you in permanent employment before they would agree to a new mortgage contract.

I suggest you provide all the information on yourself and your spouse in the case study format.

Also please adhere to the Posting Guideline

Please take a little time to write your post carefully. Use complete sentences. Use paragraphs for longer posts.

Surely you're going about this the wrong way. What are your job prospects after taking redundancy? .

Completely agree with this, anyone contemplating giving up a job in the current climate would need to really really think about it.

That is why we need complete information.

if the redundancy payment is sufficient to clear the negative equity and if his spouse has a big enough income in their own right, they might qualify for a mortgage.

An existing mortgage with a big lump of negative equity might stop them getting a new mortgage even if both are working.

Brendan

Back