€1.00 bus fare max busfare for the entire Dublin Bus network within this 25 miles

Re: €1.00 bus fare max busfare for the entire Dublin Bus network within this 25 miles

not even if it was clean, on time and took a half of the time driving did?
It will never happen.
Even if it did it will never be as convenient as driving.
As things stand I would rather walk/ cycle or get a taxi. If I was paid a fiver to go into town on the bus I’d still rather get a taxi.

Re: €1.00 bus fare max busfare for the entire Dublin Bus network within this 25 miles

I wouln't even consider driving to Dublin now. €10 return on a (relatively) luxury coach taking 1 hour 20 mins. That said I don't work in Dublin so I don't need to commute further in order to get to work. €1.60 each way through the toll bridge, petrol and parking charges far outweight the €10. I still need a car though as pretty much everyone does. but I dont use it half as much as I used to. Dublin bus could experiment on a couple of routes with a flat rate fare of €1 and report back to the department of transport at the end of a given period. the nra/corpo could also monitor volume of traffic on those particular routes over the period to see if there is any decline in car traffic. worth a shot anyway.

Back