• Avoid all demonstrations to mitigate the risk of incidental exposure to violence.

DublinTexas

can edit posts
So I have some co-workers who are coming next week and if you travel you get so called Security Situation Updates from an external provider.

Today they got one with the title "Taxi drivers' protests likely to disrupt travel on 30 March, 1 April" with a very great Comment and Analysis of the situtation but at the end there was this line:

Avoid all demonstrations to mitigate the risk of incidental exposure to violence

Now isn't it nice to see how some security providers tell people outside this country how bad things are.

Re: • Avoid all demonstrations to mitigate the risk of incidental exposure to violenc

Where did they get the info from? CIA Website......or maybe they were chatting to Charlie Bird!!

Re: • Avoid all demonstrations to mitigate the risk of incidental exposure to violenc

A company called International SOS is providing these information to a large number of multinational companies.

Before you travel somewhere they send you updated information about the country and warnings if something major happens.

What get's me is that the body of the e-mail has a very good quality of analysis about both the taxi drivers and "congress" day of action but they close it with a statement like that.

What's wrong with the statement? - I'd say there is a very high chance of riots. Especially after 7 April.

Back